Bassani X Pipe - BBK Hpipe SUCKS

5.02GO

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2001
Ky, Blue Sky Country
Got my BBK catted hpipe yesterday from summit. I TRIED putting it on but just will not fit. The hangers are in the wrong spot. And the pipes are to far apart at the header collectors. Needless to say, its going back to summit monday. I was really suprised by this. Always liked BBK. Oh well, anyway.............

Bassani. Its supposed to be good. I have alot of good things thru the searches that i have done. But i do have a question though.

I have a 1993, does the xpipe come as one whole unit? Is it a two or three piece deal? If so, how does it go together?

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy?

Oh, i am looking for the "aluminized" version with cats.
Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

I run Bassani Equal Length shorties with a Bassani O/R X-pipe with Magnaflow cat-back. I originally had Magnaflow X-Pipe W/Cats. The Bassani O/R X was a tight fit but the headers did match right up. I think the X-pipe may have been about 1/2" longer then the MagnaFlow cat pipe. They came in three pieces with all the hardware. Very easy hookup.
Try Proficient Performance. They are located within a few blocks of Bassani so they can get the pipes right out to you. http://www.proficientperformance.com/

I put the Bassani offroad X on one car and the BBK H on another, both fit fine and both with shorty headers. My Bassani came as the X pipe separate from the extension tubes that go to the headers, so maybe that helped with the fit.

I currently have a bassani catted x-pipe on my car and the fit is damn near perfect. I've uninstalled, and installed it numerous times and it was a painless operation. Mine is a 1 piece stainless steel and it still looks just as good as the day it was new. Can't beat bassani quality

My friend's Magnaflow, though it is stainless, is showing a lot of surface rust which is really unfortunate for a 500 dollar x pipe. I'm very curious about VRS... might have to give them a call. Thanks for the info guys.
Kevin

If you go with bassani, get the stainless. It costs a good chunk of change but you'll only have to buy it once. The bassani is now sent in 3 pieces. This allows them easier shipment and also use the same down pipes whether you get an x or h. This will help you because it makes fitment a dream!! I have had a bassani catted SS-H, magnaflow catted SS-X (junk) BBK catted and MAC O/R. I love the bassani and you can't go wrong with their pieces. Good luck.

RacEoHolic330 said:
I currently have a bassani catted x-pipe on my car and the fit is damn near perfect. I've uninstalled, and installed it numerous times and it was a painless operation. Mine is a 1 piece stainless steel and it still looks just as good as the day it was new. Can't beat bassani quality

Me too, my 1 piece Bassani cat X pipe fit like a glove, it discolored a little after 5 years, but not a spot of rust!

Considered the Magnaflow catted H on partshopper?

$340 + $50 off when you use this code at checkout: magnax

Ps: BBK mid-pipes for shorties are garbage ... I've never heard of the perfect install with one yet .. I had to get mine cut and rewelded at the hangers and the center connecting pipe ... for $160? :fuss:

My BBK H w/ cats hangs like three inches below everything else. What a POS. I really like the sound of the basani X's. They are really ballz out as far as I'm concerned. Not sure about the fit but I haven't heard too many complaints.

mrswivlepants said:
My BBK H w/ cats hangs like three inches below everything else. What a POS. I really like the sound of the basani X's. They are really ballz out as far as I'm concerned. Not sure about the fit but I haven't heard too many complaints.

Man i couldnt even get the hangers to work on mine. I was like okay. I can cut & weld them.

I just decided to take the exhaust holder off of the transmission and bolt the pipe in just to make sure i liked the sound. I couldnt even to that.

The pipes that bolt to the header collector were spread 2-3 inches apart than what they should be. WTF dude!??! :shrug:

Its going to get shipped back to summit racing monday. What junk.

I hate exhaust work anyway. I usually end up throwing tools and stuffwhen i do that kind of work. :p

We've had the same BBK pipe from Sumit you have and it's junk!!!
The Bassani X pipe is the only one to have.
Like everyone says; it fits perfect, stays looking great, sounds mean and put down
some real HP that you'll notice.
The weld job is show quality on it too.
You'll be very happy with the Bassani.

Sicarius428 said:
My friend's Magnaflow, though it is stainless, is showing a lot of surface rust which is really unfortunate for a 500 dollar x pipe. I'm very curious about VRS... might have to give them a call. Thanks for the info guys.
Kevin
I noticed this also on my Magnaflow X pipes and my FMS headers. They're a lower grade of stainless steel. I don't think they will rust through.