Bassani X = Ticking?

DaDDyGSp0T

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Southern Cali
when i start the car ... i can hear a ticking sound....when i go on the floor and i put my head under the car i can hear it louder...i pop the hood there is a little tick but that is normal.... when i rev the car the tick continues but faster..??? when i first got the x pipe installed like 4 weeks ago everything was fine....like 2 weeks after the light came on ....i got the chip a week after and i told him to erase the cats so i dont have to see it... so im guessing its either an exhaust leak or my bad cat...?????? Anyone know what i can do that might fix this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Just for the RECORD.... Bassani, until recently, purchased MAGNA-FLOW CATS for their X-PIPEs.. They now make their own because they had soooo many complaints. So, depending on WHEN you bought it and WHERE, it could be an old MAGNA-FLOW CAT..

Call them up and explain about the sound. They'll have no problems sending you a replacement..

I had a similar problem with my pipe. I thought for the longest time it was my clamps somewhere that was loose but it took me forever to figure out that in the middle of my x-pipe there is a little bassani name badge. I guess one or two of the sides of the badge just broke off so it was staying place yet rattling metal on metal. There is no harm in taking it off if you notice yours is loose, it shouldn't cause a leak if you use caution. Hope that helps you.

xtrm281gt said:
I had a similar problem with my pipe. I thought for the longest time it was my clamps somewhere that was loose but it took me forever to figure out that in the middle of my x-pipe there is a little bassani name badge. I guess one or two of the sides of the badge just broke off so it was staying place yet rattling metal on metal. There is no harm in taking it off if you notice yours is loose, it shouldn't cause a leak if you use caution. Hope that helps you.

Also the heat sheild on the older models are known to come lose and rattle...just need to weld them back up.

pony_vert02 said:
Just for the RECORD.... Bassani, until recently, purchased MAGNA-FLOW CATS for their X-PIPEs.. They now make their own because they had soooo many complaints. So, depending on WHEN you bought it and WHERE, it could be an old MAGNA-FLOW CAT..

Call them up and explain about the sound. They'll have no problems sending you a replacement..

I believe he got his from a dude from eBay... :notnice: