BBFCM MIA/KIA???

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Sorry, the rumors of my demise are quite premature!
Ya I know I haven't been around in a month or more, my apologies to the Closet Crew / Gutter Gang, especially my fellow "Grizzled Board Elders"!
As few of you know, I took a "sabbatical" from my 11PM-7AM job as nursing supervisor at the local nursing home, well two weeks ago my "vacation" was made permanent by the administrator of the facility, and other than being unemployed, I have not been happier in years.:banana:
However, most of my time is now being consumed with finding a new job, hopefully in acute care and preferably in an Emergency Dept close to home.:spot:
Also, on a sad note, my PC of the last 8 years committed suicide one morning in early September. I went to turn her on one morning and she fried herself....sounded just like a frickin' bug-zapper too!:eek:
I have a new laptop on order, but it isn't scheduled to be delivered for another two weeks (I hope...was originally due first week of Oct.! :nonono: )
"sally" has been wrapped up for the winter, her first on four wheels in four years! And the FD Rescue Squad and the North Fork Vol. Rescue Squad Assn have been keeping me busy as well.:flag:
Hope everyone else is well.
BBFCM

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, the rumors of my demise are quite premature!
Ya I know I haven't been around in a month or more, my apologies to the Closet Crew / Gutter Gang, especially my fellow "Grizzled Board Elders"!
As few of you know, I took a "sabbatical" from my 11PM-7AM job as nursing supervisor at the local nursing home, well two weeks ago my "vacation" was made permanent by the administrator of the facility, and other than being unemployed, I have not been happier in years.:banana:
However, most of my time is now being consumed with finding a new job, hopefully in acute care and preferably in an Emergency Dept close to home.:spot:
Also, on a sad note, my PC of the last 8 years committed suicide one morning in early September. I went to turn her on one morning and she fried herself....sounded just like a frickin' bug-zapper too!:eek:
I have a new laptop on order, but it isn't scheduled to be delivered for another two weeks (I hope...was originally due first week of Oct.! :nonono: )
"sally" has been wrapped up for the winter, her first on four wheels in four years! And the FD Rescue Squad and the North Fork Vol. Rescue Squad Assn have been keeping me busy as well.:flag:
Hope everyone else is well.
BBFCM

LIE'S, ALL LIE'S you escaped from our clutches again.:mad: i have to get better thugs:nonono::nonono:

jk glad to see you back.

hmmm....i didn't even seem to notice you were gone fritz....... lol, jk

good luck with finding a job. The bayliner plant in my hometown of pipestone (which was the best in the states) just shut down :( there's alot of friends/family of friends that are not going to have a job anymore....

plus, without a money in-flow, you have nothing to spend on sally!! :D

Dude, next time don't you be frickin' "taking a sabbatical" without leaving a message on your answering machine! It was really starting to make me tense.

With Dan down for a short period with family issues; I was starting to wonder WhereTF the rest of the Crew had dissappeared to; leaving me by myself to uphold the place to our fine GCC standards.
I'm good, but I ain't that good !

I'm assuming Dan called you? Or did you just read my PM and ignore it?

On another note; SVTCobra306 initiated an un-announced thread-jack on a regional local club Board in NC.... I recruited help from some friends (Okay... it was Tink and "Grip", a friend of theirs and mine) to take a dinky little 3/4 page thread into an almost-three-page 'jack. It was outstanding! Wish you could have been there to follow along.

See what happens when you go into hibernation in the early Fall???? :D

Listen up you slimy, green, one-eyed Closet Critter.....:fuss:

I told everyone about my sabbatical in JUNE! and I did NOT ignore your PM, check your e-mails and you'll see I e-mailed you yesterday right after I posted this thread, even BEFORE El Cheapo contacted me!
And yes, I heard about his familial situation, I spoke with him the morning he flew out to the left coast 'cause Miss D had PM'd me.:p

I ain't hibernating yet, I'm still munching the late season tourist to build up my "winter stores", squirrels collect nuts, I eat pumpkin pickers.:D

jlangholzj
HOLY SNOT BALLS BAT MAN!!!!
Wouldn't those be "Snot Doughnuts"?:rlaugh:
And you're right, Niagra Falls is a poor analogy, my cash is flowing out much faster than it's coming in, fortunately I've been able to stem the outflow to a little more than a trickle, but my reserves are dwindling.

BTW.....I AM accepting donations for the FEED THE BBFCM FUND, unfortunately due to the current economy the pumpkin pickers are awfully scrawny this year.:nonono:

Hey, glad to see you're doing mostly okay.

I've been kind of MIA too lately. I think one of the last times I was on here I mentioned a "potential new boyfriend". Well, "potential" has become serious. Andy and I got an apartment and moved in together 2 months ago (and we haven't killed eachother yet! :eek: ).

View attachment 295947

Unfortunately Murphy still doesn't have a garage yet, but he does have his own personal parking space. He hasn't seen a whole lot of driving lately, but I do occasionally take him to work. We're actually seriously considering moving to Lee's Summit (KC suburb) next august when the lease here is up so we might even consider buying a house with a garage.

I'm still working 12 hr mid shift, but I'm coming up on my 6 month anniversary which means I can start bidding out for a different job so I'm going to try to get day shift (I promised Andy a puppy once one of us got on day shift). I'm also going to try to get something that's a little easier on me. I've been working on the line that makes tank batteries and lifting/sorting stacks of plates that weigh 20+ lbs and cell packs that weigh 10 lbs has seriously screwed up the tendons in my wrists; I've been on & off of light duty for about 3 months now.

Oh, and if anyone gets the history channel, recently an episode of Modern Marvels about lead aired and there's a 5 or 6 minute segment at the beginning that was filmed at the plant where I work. It was filmed just before I started working there but they show a lot of the line that I've been working on (which makes tank batteries, not car batteries), the pasting machine that Andy runs, and a buddy of mine that work at End of Line is shown too (he's the biker/Tommy Chong-looking guy with tattoos shown towards the very end of the segment - his name is Curtis and he's a big Mustang fan. :nice: We actually worked together at the nursing home before we both came over to EnerSys and he was very supportive when I was doing the engine swap on Murphy).

-Chelle

Listen up you slimy, green, one-eyed Closet Critter.....:fuss:

I told everyone about my sabbatical in JUNE! and I did NOT ignore your PM, check your e-mails and you'll see I e-mailed you yesterday right after I posted this thread, even BEFORE El Cheapo contacted me!
Well fine then! I didn't realize that you meant you were going completely underground (and I don't mean those idiot bellyflops into The Gutter!). You still have PM's and emails.... and I updated you just now on current good email addresses for me. Drop something in my "SPAM" account and you can expect I won't look at it for at least a week - 10 days! Don't you ever check out the sticky-notes I leave on the Closet Refrigerator???? As often as you stick your face in there and make all those snorting and chomping sounds; one would think that you'd look at the outside of the door now and then! Sheese! :fuss:

Enough of that! Since I'm already in the Bee-atching mood..... MISS EVIL OVERLORD........ Well, it's about time that you checked in! Don't you think your other "Internet Dad" and I might like to know a little bit about this new boyfriend????? Hmmmm??? All we hear is that there's a new boyfriend.... and nothing else for like a month!
Jeeze, girl!

Some days, I just wonder about my "Internet Family" members! :nonono:

Grumble, grumble..... Somebody get me another Sammie's!...... Aww, H3ll; I'll just go get it myownself! Good thing Mrs StangDreamin' still loves me!

I'm sorry. :( How's this . . .

Andy is a really great guy (he's had kind of a rough past, but he's made his ammends is trying to better himself and is a really good person). He has full approval from my real life mom & dad. He's really more of a dog person, but he's grown to really like my cats; although he won't admit it to most people, though. LOL.

I've met his family (he has 4 brothers who are all married with kids) and they're all really great (his baby brother actually works with my dad - small world . . . ). His sister-in-law says I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him. And with all his nephews (9) and nieces (2), I'm getting to where I don't cringe at the mere sight of children - he still laughs at be because I'm not really used to being around kids, but I'm starting to open up to the idea of maybe a little evil overlord running around one of these days.

He likes cars (including mustangs), but really doesn't know much about them. He's into sports and has gotten me watching baseball (Go Cardinals!) and football (Poor Chiefs :( ) and UFC/Mixed Martial Arts fighting - I don't think I'll ever get him to start ballroom dancing, though. :(

Is that enough info?

-Chelle

rbohm.....There is a railing around the enclosure for a REASON, I can't help it if visitors are foolish enough to reach over it! I know I look cute and cuddly, but the signs clearly state DO NOT PET THE BBFCM!:nono:

Chelle.....I must agree with StDr on this one. Don't you think you should've let your two i-Dads know you were going to shack up with some dude? Just let Andy (hmmmm......name seems familiar:scratch: ) know that IF he EVER breaks your heart StDr and I will be more than happy to dispose of his remains.:D

StDR.....There's a door on the 'fridge?:scratch:

GOOD NEWS......I have a job interview this afternoon (Wed 10/22) for a position in the Emergency Dept at the Peconic Bay Medical Center (hospital in Riverhead....20 miles west of me.) Wish me luck!!!:nice:

I'm sorry. :( How's this . . .

Andy is a really great guy (he's had kind of a rough past, but he's made his ammends is trying to better himself and is a really good person). He has full approval from my real life mom & dad. He's really more of a dog person, but he's grown to really like my cats; although he won't admit it to most people, though. LOL.

I've met his family (he has 4 brothers who are all married with kids) and they're all really great (his baby brother actually works with my dad - small world . . . ). His sister-in-law says I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him. And with all his nephews (9) and nieces (2), I'm getting to where I don't cringe at the mere sight of children - he still laughs at be because I'm not really used to being around kids, but I'm starting to open up to the idea of maybe a little evil overlord running around one of these days.

He likes cars (including mustangs), but really doesn't know much about them. He's into sports and has gotten me watching baseball (Go Cardinals!) and football (Poor Chiefs :( ) and UFC/Mixed Martial Arts fighting - I don't think I'll ever get him to start ballroom dancing, though. :(

Is that enough info?

-Chelle

i am happy that he has been accepted by your family, this interent uncle of yours is getting tired of hiding bodies:D:D

rbohm.....There is a railing around the enclosure for a REASON, I can't help it if visitors are foolish enough to reach over it! I know I look cute and cuddly, but the signs clearly state DO NOT PET THE BBFCM!:nono:

i have never had a problem with you mangling the idiots who dont rear the signs about not petting you, the problem is that you NEVER STAY BEHIND THE RAIL. you are always getting out, and not because the gate is open either.:nonono::nonono:

i am happy that he has been accepted by your family, this interent uncle of yours is getting tired of hiding bodies:D:D

You're just afraid of being drug over to the Pipple's Repooblic of Czechoslofornia side of the river!

I keep telling you that the best deep shafts are over there! Hey, like it worked last time; just gotta put on those old bermuda shorts and Birkenstocks and make like you're some kind of "Ecologist"; and you'll fit right in! The donkey is a gret cover, and they won't let us drive a 4x4 back there, even my F150 with the factory "Low Emissions Vehicle" sticker is verboten....I promise I'll keep the Jacka** for biting you next time!

Again, there's just too many nosey tourist-types around ol' Bisbee or any where else over there on that side of the State. :shrug:

You're just afraid of being drug over to the Pipple's Repooblic of Czechoslofornia side of the river!

I keep telling you that the best deep shafts are over there! Hey, like it worked last time; just gotta put on those old bermuda shorts and Birkenstocks and make like you're some kind of "Ecologist"; and you'll fit right in! The donkey is a gret cover, and they won't let us drive a 4x4 back there, even my F150 with the factory "Low Emissions Vehicle" sticker is verboten....I promise I'll keep the Jacka** for biting you next time!

Again, there's just too many nosey tourist-types around ol' Bisbee or any where else over there on that side of the State. :shrug:

i hate birkenstocks, my feet are ugly enough o dont need to be showing them to everybody. as for the donkey, i guess he wouldnt bite me if i wore real shoes, and i didnt hit him with the 2x4:(