BBFCM Not so fuzzy..........

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Sorry for the lengthy post and lengthier abscence.

Here's the scoop.....On Sat July 7th my sibs and I had a BBFF Lobsterfest at my place. Monday 3 A.M. I awoke with (another) acute onset of abdominal (or as my 5 y/o niece says "abominable") pain. Me....Figured it was just my diverticulosis acting up, says...24 hrs bed rest, nothing by mouth and advance diet as tolerated.

Good plan.

Didn't work.

9 A.M. Tuesday I called my Fire Chief to let him know I'd be dialing 911.

You know I don't feel well when....
1) I'm willing to go to the ER and
2) I call my own crew to bring me in!

Well it WASN'T diverticulosis/itis. I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions (scar tissue) from my appendectomy 20 years ago.
After two days of observation and IV fluids, (Fri. 7/ 13) I awoke feeling soooooooooo ill (nausea/vomitting and pain), that the surgeon said we need to operate............

NOW!

Simple procedure, small midline incision from navel down, a snip here and a snip there and the bowel obstruction released itself.

That was the easy part. Monday morning I awoke short of breath and feeling like I was drowning. Fortunately my first visitor was the head of the Respiratory Dept. who just happened to be making rounds with the Pulmonologist (lung MD). Less than 30 minutes later I was in the ICU.

Good treatments, a thick blue fuzzy skull and I was downgraded to floor care Wed. P.M., Moved back to Med-Surg yesterday and was discharged home this afternoon.

I'm gonna be out on Med Leave for a few weeks while I heal. But this BBFCM is feeling so much better now it's amazing!

Ahhhhh.........the joys of being a healthcare professional!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, it certainly didn't sound enjoyable.

Spend some quality time relaxing and feel better...

And grow back some fuzz. Seriously, we might have to think of a new name.

Not So Fuzzy Big Blue Cut Open Closet Monster just doesn't work

Sorry to hear about your troubles, it certainly didn't sound enjoyable.

Spend some quality time relaxing and feel better...

And grow back some fuzz. Seriously, we might have to think of a new name.

Not So Fuzzy Big Blue Cut Open Closet Monster just doesn't work

More like Big Blue Bald Lacerated Eviscerated Closet Monster, or BBBLECM for short.

......sounds like the noise I was making in the ICU, everytime I coughed. or the noise a BBFCM expectorating a fuzz ball.:D

Dude! Don't leave posts laying around with titles like this! You scared the jabberwocky outta me! And by the way, there's this new invention called a "Shell-cracker" that allows you to eat lobster-and-crab meat by taking it out of the shell first! Might cut down on those bowel obstructions next time :rolleyes:

Oh, and this time, the thread is much better without pics!

Sheese! I take off for the mountains with my (and now my son's) Boy Scout Troop -with limited Web Access- and Doofus forgets how to eat crustaceans :rolleyes:

DUDE! I DID NOT forget how to eat crustaceans OR mollusks!:nono:

My brother and 15 y/o nephew opened all the clams and oysters (WBTW, It was my nephew who was :puke: the enxt A.M. from too many raw clams), the steamers...well they almost fall right outta their shells!:flag:
The lobsters looked awful confused when they went into the pot.....something about missing the circus...:shrug:

Remember the scene in "Empire Strikes Back" when Han slices open the Ton-ton and stuffs Luke inside to keep him warm?
My surgeon said the same thing when he sliced me open!:lol:

Best part was when I called in sick on Monday, my boss didn't believe me, next A.M. I had one of my EMTs call her to let her know I was in the ER. She was just a wee bit chagrined!:nice:

Fritz,

Being non-medical, I'll ignore all those cryptic stuff, and am just glad to hear you are OK. Gotta keep you around for a while longer!

No, if you were draming of Whoville, and a small "Yap" floats upwards.....