BBK 70mm throttlebody......?

94tang

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
East TN
I got a good deal on a '94 Cobra intake that also came with the before mentioned throttle body.I know it is way too big for my motor but was wondering what the adverse affects would be.Mods are listed below....thanks for the input

• Sponsors (?)

I run a 70mm TB after my fox swap. I haven't noticed any problems (check my sig for minimal mods).

I know my intake and TB is too big to be helping much, but I just finished the swap and haven't made it to the track to test it yet. I'm planning on having the motor grow into that setup (come heads, cam. . .)

i saw a web page on the 'net that this guy ahs for his '94 Cobra.He put the same throttle body on his car with basically the same mods as mine and actually lost hp.....his testing method was going to the local track and comparing times with his new tb against his old times........so everyone think it will be all right?

please please please not another fight over t/b size.

some people think 70mm is too big. others (myself including) think it is not. i think you should try them both (your stock one and the 70mm one) and decide which one you like more.

illwood said:
I run a 70mm TB after my fox swap. I haven't noticed any problems (check my sig for minimal mods).

I know my intake and TB is too big to be helping much, but I just finished the swap and haven't made it to the track to test it yet. I'm planning on having the motor grow into that setup (come heads, cam. . .)
Me too Illwood, I went from an SN95 FMS 65mm to the Fox BBK 70mm and noticed no ill effects. Any power increase I think came from going from the GT to the cobra intake.
Tim