Bbk Cold Air Intake

Too many things went wrong after you got the car back from that shop. Something tells me that they hot-rodded the :poo: out of it.

Think about it.. Overheating, trannny problems, high idle, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just to throw this out there, since you said they put new valve covers on, usually you have to take the upper intake off to get to the drivers side cover, its very possible they could have screwed up the gasket between the upper and lower, broken/forgotten to reconnect a vac line, left a sensor or wiring connector unplugged, etc. Either way, sounds like this shop really fubared the job.

Reactions: 1 users
yeah i
Just to throw this out there, since you said they put new valve covers on, usually you have to take the upper intake off to get to the drivers side cover, its very possible they could have screwed up the gasket between the upper and lower, broken/forgotten to reconnect a vac line, left a sensor or wiring connector unplugged, etc. Either way, sounds like this shop really fubared the job.
yeah it just sucks that they are closed until tuesday i mean my car isnt perfect but it was running ok prior to this whole thing

My problem is that it won't sit flush against the tb and still clear the shock tower. I thought a 90 degree bend was in box for the straight part, curve goes into fender, it's not. Just two straight rubber couplings. Does it just sit cockeyed and rub against shock tower? can't be right?

My problem is that it won't sit flush against the tb and still clear the shock tower. I thought a 90 degree bend was in box for the straight part, curve goes into fender, it's not. Just two straight rubber couplings. Does it just sit cockeyed and rub against shock tower? can't be right?
Wwhhaatt? This thread is a year old.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it a problem, the reason I made the comment because I think you are talking about the placement of you tb or cai, it was not clear to me what didn't fit and not enough info on what was hitting you shock tower, post a pic of the problem.
I have a c&l tube between the maf and tb and it almost hits at the turn, I can adjust the couplers to barly miss.
Your cool, I was just confused as to what was where.
No harm no foul.

I don't think it a problem, the reason I made the comment because I think you are talking about the placement of you tb or cai, it was not clear to me what didn't fit and not enough info on what was hitting you shock tower, post a pic of the problem.
I have a c&l tube between the maf and tb and it almost hits at the turn, I can adjust the couplers to barly miss.
No harm no foul.
No harm no foul.
It's sitting crooked inside grommet wearing a groove in tb like the old one was doing. If I make it flush to tb it won't turn down, hits shock tower. Odd no matter how I'm placing it, it hits the shock tower. Just needs a few more degree bend.

Attachments

• KIMG0152.jpg
    KIMG0152.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 237
  • KIMG0099.jpg
    KIMG0099.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 141
You may hate to do it but I see no reason why you can't trim the tb end of the tube an inch or maybe less for clearence. I'd make sure your motor mount on that side is not mushed a little, my motor mount pads are slotted (stock k member) maybe allowing for some adjustment, tilting the motor slightly may give some space.