bbk ssi intake

DDSTANG94

Dec 9, 2006
FRASER, MICHIGAN
hey guys, is anyone runing a bbk ssi intake on there 1994-1995 5.0. Ive heard it will fit with several modifications to the hood for clearance, and cuting on the intake, will a elbow adapter work on this intake? Im a new member and can realy use the help off someone runing this intake on there sn95 5.0 THANKS GUYS

• Sponsors (?)

69clark is running it. but he has a aftermarket cowl hood. im not sure if an intake elbow would work with it or not. i dont see why it wouldnt bolt up but you may run into some clearence issues with hoods

may want to look into a different intake unless you already have it

I'll sell you mine if you want it. Urban is right, I have a 2000 Cobra R hood and fits with no problem but I have been told that it won't fit under stock hoods. I don't know what mods it will take to fit under a stock hood but an elbow will work unless you decide to do a Fox TB conversion like I did.

NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg

143_4304.jpg

Attachments

• NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg
    NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 143_4304.jpg
    143_4304.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,156
Only problem is with the oil sucking into the intake. I fixed it by running the pcv valve into the valve cover. So thats no big deal but I just want an intake that is more suited for my combo, I want to go with a sheet metal hogan intake. I kinda wanted to be the first sn on here with it, just to try it. Iknew ahead of time I would only have it on for a year.

Tom, I know that Charlie already has the Hogan on his '95. I'd have one too, but I can't afford the price they command for the upper only at this point. The hogan has been my favorite intake for a LONG time based entirely on looks, now that I'll have an engine that can take advantage of it I want one even more. But alas, I still can't afford one so I opted for the holley to hold me over for a while.

Tom, have you looked into the trick EFI, individual throttle body setups now available? That is trick if there ever was trick. The cobra replica guys are running them a lot now. They make a hogan look cheap though! :)

Tom, I know that Charlie already has the Hogan on his '95. I'd have one too, but I can't afford the price they command for the upper only at this point. The hogan has been my favorite intake for a LONG time based entirely on looks, now that I'll have an engine that can take advantage of it I want one even more. But alas, I still can't afford one so I opted for the holley to hold me over for a while.

Tom, have you looked into the trick EFI, individual throttle body setups now available? That is trick if there ever was trick. The cobra replica guys are running them a lot now. They make a hogan look cheap though! :)
ITB's might be kinda tricky with his S/C

Yeah, I just talked to Charlie about his, that why he had you give me his number. I am going to crank up the boost this year so I think I will be able to take advantage of the Hogan also. My pocket isn't lined with the green stuff either, so I will probably be buying one used and cleaning it up to my liking. I have spotted several that I would jump on but I am waiting on funds right now, once I get the cash I will be able to jump on the deals I find.

The trick EFI you speak of, I have seen and love the looks of those but I haven't looked into then too much. How would you S/C that setup, and how would you afford one? Those are the reasons I probably won't go that route. Good suggestion though, because now I am going to look into them better.

for the stock hood you have to cut out all the supports from the cowl on the stock hood and then you got to cut off the orignal throttle cable bracket on the intake and then get a longer throttle cable and get expanding freeze plugs and cover up all the egr holes then you got to cover the PCV valve hole and replace in valve cover and alot more little things but it works pretty good once done

To SC the individual TB style intake, you would have to fabricate a "log" that would go over all the volutes and connect them all together and to the SC discharge tube. I have a pic of a sick '05 done with this type of setup. I'll try and find it and post it up.

I believe hogan used to make an NA and a blower intake, the difference was the thickness of the metal. the blower one was obviously thicker so that it didn't ballon out when it was pressurized. i read this somewhere and therefore I do not know if its 100% true, but if your looking into a used on you might want to dig a little more on the validity of this.

those arent individual throttle bodies at the lower part of the upper intake manifold is it? that would be crazy never heard of anyone running ITB's on a 302 let alone any other V8s, their not really necessary on our cars i guess specially considering we would need 8,lol bet its a nitemare to tune