best 347 h/c/i

h/c/i

funny you would say he had keith black pistons because that's what i have from what i remember. i didn't have the money to get the expensive kit so i got the budget one maybe that is a problem too, seems like if you cheap out like i did most of the time you end up flushing your money...... well my rearend started leaking gear oil out of the front of the pumpkin at the pinion bearing a couple days ago, and it clunks like crazy now so that is going to have to be fixed before i do anything. it clunked a little before but was never leaking, maybe that is a huge problem with the dyno numbers plus a cheap stroker kit, and a bunch of other things. i will make sure to post later this summer when i re-dyno it. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Funny thing about the pistons is his car actually ran fine and you would've never guessed they were broke. There was a small amount of smoke but the rings themselves were still in tact and sealing in the cylinder, just chunks of metal off the intake eyebrow were broke off on 3 pistons. He was tearing the engine down to get better heads and the custom cam when he found it, which turned into another engine build, tubular K member, T56, coil overs..etc lol.

h/c/i

amazing what you find sometimes when you tear your motor down. i'm hoping nothing like that is wrong with my motor. it seems to run really good after it gets warmed up, it doesn't like the cold too much but i live in western ny so it gets pretty cold here. i'm going to try putting new plugs in it, but overall it runs perfect after it gets warmed up, just likes to pop out the exhaust when it's cold, kiind of like it's loading up almost. this isn't a timing issue because when it's warm it's perfect. i think part of it is the cam because it never did it before the cam was installed, yet another reason i'm getting a different cam next year. ANYONE CHECK THOSE FLOW NUMBERS OUT ON MY HEADS?? they are not that great but can be improved w/o spending too much money, and i should be able to hit my goal.