Best Blower pulley???

EvilEyez

Jan 30, 2004
Austin, Tx
I'm planning on changing my blower pulley on my 03 snake :D , just wondering who has done it, and which pulley brand ya'll went with, or which is the best. :shrug: I'll thinking of going with Motoblue from rpmoutlet.com. I'm getting my bassani "X" pipe put in to go along with my bassani catback and a densecharger CAI this weekend, and I'm taking it to the Dyno. :nice: I'll post the numbers asap. Input would be great guys.

• Sponsors (?)

EvilEyez said:
I'm planning on changing my blower pulley on my 03 snake :D , just wondering who has done it, and which pulley brand ya'll went with, or which is the best. :shrug: I'll thinking of going with Motoblue from rpmoutlet.com. I'm getting my bassani "X" pipe put in to go along with my bassani catback and a densecharger CAI this weekend, and I'm taking it to the Dyno. :nice: I'll post the numbers asap. Input would be great guys.

Get a DUB system from JDM or S. Fla pulley. It has a press on hub and the pulley is bolted to the hub with four screws. It allows you to change out a pulley in a couple of minutes. I run a 2.80 for the track and a 2.93 on the street but the 2.80's been on most of the time. It gives you the flexibilty to try different combos especially if you plan on running a lower. My best combo is a four pound lower with a 2.80 upper that I milled slots on and bead blasted to reduce slip. It holds pretty steady boost all the way to red line with very little drop off on cool days. The last dyno it made 503 rwhp SAE and 550 rwt on the stock unported Eaton.

EvilEyez said:

X-pipe + Cat Back + Densecharger + Pulley = TROUBLE without a CUSTOM TUNE! You need a chip or Predator.

That combo will be VERY LEAN without some A/F adjustments. You do have a Predator or a chip too, right?

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
X-pipe + Cat Back + Densecharger + Pulley = TROUBLE without a CUSTOM TUNE! You need a chip or Predator.

That combo will be VERY LEAN without some A/F adjustments. You do have a Predator or a chip too, right?

U.M.

The exhaust and intake will be done this weekend :D , but the pulley is down the road. I've been doing some research on chips and flash tuners. I'm leaning towards the Predator just for the simple fact that you can put the stock tune back just in case I need dealership work done. I'm not sure yet. I'm also thinking of going to Murrillo Motorsports in San Antonio (mike murrillo) and getting it done right. :nice: They do dyno tuning and a custom chip for about six bills, but then the warranty issues come into play :bang: . I'll post any updates, but thanks for the input again.

JDM
hands down....

Use their aluminum style with hub and interchangeable pulleys. Fits well, slides on snout without damage....and you don't need all the sizes, just ask for the one you want. I have the 2.8

DO NOT use an aftermarket tensioner, they slip.
DO NOT use the "grip style" pulley, they eat belts.

Use the 100mm Ford idlers JDM sells to replace the 90MM factory ones and use JDM's gates belt.

I haven't had a peep of belt squeal and the car appears stock (blower pulley cover and everything=o)
=o)

While you are at it, tune it with a superchips product.
The HP4 file rocks (comes in the 1725 tuner)

You can also put the stock tune back in with the superchips product.
The power and drivability is definitely superior to what else is out there.....
The proof has been seen at the track. The advertising doesn't show your HP, the MPH shows your HP!

Vic_Ferrari said:
JDM
hands down....

Use their aluminum style with hub and interchangeable pulleys. Fits well, slides on snout without damage....and you don't need all the sizes, just ask for the one you want. I have the 2.8

DO NOT use an aftermarket tensioner, they slip.
DO NOT use the "grip style" pulley, they eat belts.

Use the 100mm Ford idlers JDM sells to replace the 90MM factory ones and use JDM's gates belt.

I haven't had a peep of belt squeal and the car appears stock (blower pulley cover and everything=o)
=o)

While you are at it, tune it with a superchips product.
The HP4 file rocks (comes in the 1725 tuner)

I've heard the interchangeable pulley is a P.O.S. :notnice: Have you had any problems with it? I'm thinking of going with Reichard racing or Motoblue and getting my custom tune down at Murrilo Motorsports. :nice: Updates asap.

I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
We had it on in 30 minutes flat.

Trust me on this stuff.
Superchips tune with JDM upper pulley/tensioner pulleys.
The 1725 has a pulley program in it that flat out rocks.
I have a friend with a predator with the same setup as mine, and my car runs faster and better, but we have similar power "on paper".
He also has drivability problems that I don't have.
I made 462 HP and 490 ft lbs with the hp4 program in the 1725, and that's on a Superflow Dyno.
A dynojet would generally read higher.
I did a made a few changes (because I have the luxury of a dyno with a/f for daily use whenever I need it) and now it's making the numbers below.
If you want a custom program without a chip and you want to mae the power, go with the 1725.
If you start getting crazy with the mods, go to superchips custom.

I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
We had it on in 30 minutes flat. It's a good solid lightweight piece.

Trust me on this...
Superchips tune with JDM upper pulley/tensioner pulleys.
The 1725 has a pulley program in it that flat out rocks.
I have a friend with a predator with the same setup as mine, and my car runs faster and better, but we have similar power "on paper".
He also has drivability problems that I don't have.
I made 462 HP and 490 ft lbs with the hp4 program in the 1725, and that's on a Superflow Dyno.
A dynojet would generally read higher.
I did a made a few changes (because I have the luxury of a dyno with a/f for daily use whenever I need it) and now it's making the numbers below.
If you want a custom program without a chip and you want to make the power, go with the 1725.
If you start getting crazy with the mods, go to superchips custom.

Vic Ferrari,
I'll look into JDM and Superchips, but I'm still chillin on the fence. In other news, took my car to the Dyno :D .......396RWHP/387RWTQ, :nice: and that's before the denscharger (25 hp dyno claim) and the Bassani o/r X pipe. I'll shoot low and guess about 425-430 rwhp after the mods. I'll keep you posted on the Pulley change.

Zee(evileyez)

2003 Cobra
Bassani o/r x pipe
Bassani Catback
Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW shifter handle
Densecharger CAI

dyno 396Rwhp with catback and k/n
425-430rwhp after mods

EvilEyez said:
396RWHP/387RWTQ :nice: and that's before the denscharger (25 hp dyno claim)

That 25HP claim is for the 1st generation DC. Unless you bought your DC used, or got it over a year ago, you have a 2nd generation DC and it doesn't make as much HP (the MAF position is closer to stock on the 2nd gen). The 1st generation DC's were NOTORIUS for making your A/F go lean! Check out the A/F on my old dyno sheet... All I had when this was dyno'ed was a Magnaflow catted X, Magnaflow Cat Back, and a 1st generation DC.

U.M.

dynograph.jpg

Uncle Meat said:
That 25HP claim is for the 1st generation DC. Unless you bought your DC used, or got it over a year ago, you have a 2nd generation DC and it doesn't make as much HP (the MAF position is closer to stock on the 2nd gen). The 1st generation DC's were NOTORIUS for making your A/F go lean! Check out the A/F on my old dyno sheet... All I had when this was dyno'ed was a Magnaflow catted X, Magnaflow Cat Back, and a 1st generation DC.

U.M.

dynograph.jpg

I'll see if I can take my car to the dyno first thing in the morning. I'm happy with the baseline, but i'm really looking foward to seeing the numbers after the mods, and I will keep an eye on the A/F, thanks for the heads up. I'll post the numbers asap.

Sorry about the double post....dunno what happened there.

Many have had good results with the RR pulley, though I've seen a few chewed up belts and many with black "belt dust" all over the front of the blower

Meat, EvilEye:

You dynojet guys crack me up!

I'm going to get my car on a DJ and post my "520RWHP and 540 ft lbs"
The mods you guys have on a superflow dyno will show around 400HP at the tire with torque around 380ish.
Meat will be a litle higher with the headers....like 415 ish
Everytime I see a Dynojet run I just crack up.
hmmm
One car makes 490RWHP on a dynojet and another makes 460 on the superflow.
The 460 car ends up the same MPH at the track.....hmmmmmmmmm!
Oh, same file in the processor too....HMMMMMMMMMM!

....I know the DJ is all you got
I'm justbreaking your balls again......nuttin but love here =o)

If it's good enough for Nascar, it's good enough for you?
hell...

A carburetor is good enough for Nascar.
A carburetor is not good enough for me
A 4 speed trans is good enough for Nascar.
A 4 speed trans is not good enough for me.
Saying "reall gooood" is good enough for Nascar.
Saying I tuned my car "real good" is not good enough for me =o)

"So Darrell Waltrip......how was the last race in your career?"
"Weyull.....the cahrr turned reall gooood....the tires were all sticky and stuff. The aeyero kit kept that darn car on the ceeement, uh asphalt reall good...just a reall good race overall....I'd like to bring yourr ateyention to mah broyether Michayell...the neyext shooting star uf nayescarrr"

Yep...it's late and I'm tired cuz I'm being a smartass =o)

DJet is good for comparison.......and it's good for those who like to exaggerate their peackock feathers ;o)
Those feathers always get rustled when you see the MPH at the track and how much the DJ is lying

I just like to rag you DJ guys..........all in good fun =o)

C'mon Vic.... You know DAMN WELL that the MAJORITY of the ENTIRE U.S. of A do not have access to anything BUT a Dynojet. I and 99% of everyone here will agree the Superflow or Mustang dyno's calculate HP & TQ numbers differently than the Dynojet does and may or may not be more accurate. I'm just getting tired of you pointing out our "Inflated" numbers all the time. It's starting to get old now, your point is taken, please move on....

But... since you insist on calling out myself and others about our dyno numbers why don't you get some Dynojet numbers for your car and post them. I'm just not impressed with your lower Superflow HP/TQ numbers and I for one DOUBT your car with the mods listed in your sig will achieve 500+RWHP on a Dynojet. Your mods just don't add up to 500+ RWHP regardless of some whack ass superflow to dynojet conversion process you may use. I've yet to see 500+RWHP with the STOCK unported Eaton and NO JUICE!

U.M.

You've yet to see me tune =o)

I'm just breaking your balls....
...Apparently they are more sensitive than I thought.

Dj's read high and the exaggeration in my raggin on DJ is HUMOR...apparrently it isn't funny anymore... =o)

I guess it's always on my mind becase I have to deal with people daily who pray to the dynojet gods and think if car x made more power on a dynojet than car Y did on a mustang or superflow, then car x makes more power.

If you are gonna compare two cars, they need to go on the same dyno and down the same track on the same day.
I think I will let the dyno do the conversion and post the dynojet #'s next to the superflow #'s......it is nothing less than hilarious, seriously.
They are damn close to the #'s I'm getting dyno sheets faxed to me with from DJ's.

I'll drop it after that, ok?
Lets all take a deep breath and move on.....we're all friends here.