Best Buffer?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont think that is a quality buffer.. all that will do is make swirl marks and mess your paint up. Check out www.autogeek.com. The porter cable is a good entry buffer and spins fast enough to get the job done. Me personally i use the DeWalt big daddy buffer. That thing is capable of 3000RPMs:nice: But if your not careful it will eat your paint and then ull be :owned:

Well, I do have some experience buffing. I worked in a detail shop in high school. No way am I buying one of the heavy duty ones I used then though, they are $200.

Thanks for the tips :nice: I will check out AutoGeek

SMRcalidiv said:
thats a DA buffer right? What differentiates that from just being a glorified random orbital...im not being a smart ass btw, and i want to buy a buffer, im just looking for actual facts that make these good buffers
Yes it's a dual action buffer, and the diffence is speed and thats whats needed when using scratch removes. The speed creats heat that helps break down the polish to begine removing scratches/swirls/marring. You can't do that by hand with out a lot of time and your arm not feeling like spaghetti at the end.

ok, that helps, i just got my car painted and i wanna take care of my baby, but i also want a tool that is professional grade, so knowing that i can get paintshop buffing results with the pc, and not have to worry anbout burning the paint is great

SMRcalidiv said:
ok, that helps, i just got my car painted and i wanna take care of my baby, but i also want a tool that is professional grade, so knowing that i can get paintshop buffing results with the pc, and not have to worry anbout burning the paint is great
Good man :nice: if you really want to get indepth about proper detailing read up on autopia.org they have a massive amount of info.

I just got a Porter Cable 7424 and finally got to polish my car last weekend and I am extremely impressed with how well that thing works - makes my 6 year old paint look new. Definitely worth the money.

I have a detailing venture that I do on the side. I have both the PC 7424 and a Makita rotary.

My weapon of choice is the 7424. With the right selection of cutting, polishing and finishing pads and the proper polishes ( I use a lot of Meguiar's profesional and detalier line products), they really make a finish shine. The rotary only comes out for "basket cases".

The PC 7424 is avaialble at Lowe's Home Centers for $109.