best clutch to get???

loosescrew79

Dec 18, 2004
Its already time for a clutch. The stock one only lasted 19k. My car is basically stock, but I do a little bit of street racing. I want a good clutch but don't won't to spend $400 on some racing clutch, I really don't need. I have seen alot of different companies and alot of different stages. I just want to know which one you guys would be the best .

What would be a good clutch and the cheapest place to get it?

• Sponsors (?)

98gtblue said:
I have a spec stage two works great, whats wrong with them?
obviously you were a HIT. When it comes to SPEC clutch its either Hit or miss. I was a Miss...I HAD a Spec Stage 1 and it chattered like crazy and I had 2000 miles on it already...Also The throwout bearing that comes with the spec Clucth kits Squeel like a chipmunk on crack....

Im only saying that, if u buy spec u are taking a risk with its quality and performance. Some people have had no problems with SPEC. And some Do have problems. And I was one of those unfortunate people.

so...when i see a thread about "what clutch should I get" im gonna say Centerforce cause its been teh best! I had experience with spec and plan on not having ANY future experience with them...

spend the money and get Centerforce Dual Friction. :nice:

Mr GT 02 said:
obviously you were a HIT. When it comes to SPEC clutch its either Hit or miss. I was a Miss...I HAD a Spec Stage 1 and it chattered like crazy and I had 2000 miles on it already...Also The throwout bearing that comes with the spec Clucth kits Squeel like a chipmunk on crack....

Im only saying that, if u buy spec u are taking a risk with its quality and performance. Some people have had no problems with SPEC. And some Do have problems. And I was one of those unfortunate people.

so...when i see a thread about "what clutch should I get" im gonna say Centerforce cause its been teh best! I had experience with spec and plan on not having ANY future experience with them...

spend the money and get Centerforce Dual Friction. :nice:

I'll second this post - We had the same experience with a SPEC2, and we were a MISS. Much happier with a simple, cheap, very effective and grippy King Cobra.
For the TR-3650, I've heard nothing but good things about the Centerforce Dual Friction.

I just had my Centerforce 2 installed 175 miles ago and it's great! Stock like pedal effort and 1/2 the travel. It was 400$ (puts you over budget) :flag: Also have a stock clutch with 12,000 on it and the tech who replaced it says it looks like a few hundred miles

I have a 99 Cobra with 602 hp at the engine and believe it or not, it still has the stock clutch. The TOB is singing like crazy and I would like to replace the clutch as well. Are there different types/stages of King Clutches, Centerforce or is it one type works for all applications?

i ant believe the clutch has gone out so soon... mine is working fine at just under 90k. cant imagine one letting go at 19k.

I personally would get a Mcleod. I have heard bad stories about both centerforce and spec... never really hear anything bad about Mcleod.

Torinalth