Best Direct Fit Radiator That Can Use Stock Fan Shroud?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by killer5.0, May 10, 2013.

1. heard alot of good about griffin but with the smooth top not sure how i can mount stock shroud...was also looking into fluidyne.

willing to spend around $350 but again want to be able to later upgrade to electric but run my stock fan and shroud now with my s-trim.

2. I put a Summit 380-451 in my 89 in 2006. Drilled a couple holes in the top aluminum brace, and bolted the stock shroud right to it. Had zero issues with it since I put it in, 7 years and 20,000 miles ago.
  3. This question comes up about once a month. IMO stay away from anything made in China and the ones that do not have the ends welded. The cheapo ones are prone to cracking/leaking.

Griffin makes a good drop in replacement (8-00165), but know they also make a universal 26272 that is much cheaper. The difference is the direct fit- the cap is in the appropriate spot and the lower hose fitting is stock 1 1/2 vs 3/4 inches and it has stock 1." tubes as opposed to 1.25"...also the universal is 2" wider ( 31...stock is 29)

Northern makes good radiators that are USA made and I believe they are the Summit "house brand".

Now I can't speak for the quality, but a lot of guys on the Corral swear by these from Art. They are under $200. He's a good guy and I have bought tons of parts from him.
  4. Champion, made in the USA.