Tokico 5-Way Adj. Drag Struts
STEEDA Tri-Ax
STEEDA Underdrive Pullies
SALEEN Racing Pedals
Autometer Gauges on Dual Pod
Ford C-Springs
LCAs & UCAs
3.73 Gears

I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to do 2 more mods before I decide to Supercharge it. Headers and Cams

What are the best headers out there???

I'm going to get VT Stage I cams installed and want headers... which ones?

• Sponsors (?)

Seems to me like BBK Long Tubes are a good choice. What is the difference btw Ceramic Coated and Chrome?

Also, will BBK Long Tubes connect okay with a Bassani X-Pipe?

Lastly, will BBK Long Tubes with a Bassani Xpipe with cats and a magnapack catback pass emissions testing???

Tobias00GT said:
Seems to me like BBK Long Tubes are a good choice. What is the difference btw Ceramic Coated and Chrome?

Lastly, will BBK Long Tubes with a Bassani Xpipe with cats and a magnapack catback pass emissions testing???

ceramic coated and chrome have different looks...only difference that I know of...

I don't think bbk long tubes will connect with teh bassani pipe you are looking at, and you def won't pass emissions...I have heard of people having problems passing with bassani....anyone else??

most any brand midpipe made for longtubes should fit any LT headers with the exeption of Hooker headers because they are designed a little different to allow a clutch change without removing them. So they have a special Hooker midpipe. I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive.

Hooker or BBK seem to be about the best. I like the part about not having to remove the Hooker headers to change the clutch, but it's a feature you definately pay for. They're just about the most expensive headers on the market.

I pass emissions right now with the Bassani X-Pipe (it has the hi-flow cats) and the magnapack catback.

So I don't think anyone really answered my one question... will there be any problems with BBK L/T's connecting with a Bassani X-Pipe? Should I go with Bassani Headers? The other thing is emissions testing with the installation of the headers, I don't want to change my headers every year.

Tobias00GT said:

BBK Longtubes are LOW to the ground. My friend had one on his 02GT, and some 3" debris in the road caught his headers and ripped a hole in his exhaust. Just to let you know, they are low to the ground. But I do here they are good.

I have BBK LT's with cat h-pipe. No probs or complaints..Other than they are a bitch to install...but all of them are!

The chrome ones can rust over time. But appearance wise..you cant see them unless you are under the car..you can see a little on the drivers side but not much..

Any long tube will not fit a typical Mid-pipe. You have to buy a shorty mid-pipe or have your bassani X that you already have cut down to fit the LT's. As for the difference between ceramic and chrome. Its not just looks, but the ceramic distribute the heat alot better. If you are getting LT's, get Ceramic, if shorties, then it depends on you. I went with chrome shorties because I dont have to worry about rust here in tucson and dont care what they look like. Good luck and let me know if you have any other ?'s about them. Personal recommendation would be BBK ceramic LT's, hooker LT's (if you have some xtra $), or jba or bbk shorties.
Bryan

twogts4us said:
Best headers by far. Nobody......not one other manufacturer comes close to there quality, or fit. And if you're going to buy any, but the ceramic coated ones. The downside is that you pay through the nose for that perfect header.....Cause they ain’t cheap!