Best hood?

MustangGT95

Jul 29, 2003
I am looking for a new fiberglass hood for my GT. Mine is banged up and the paint is coming off like crazy.

I don't really want a cowl hood...or the cobra R unless I just can't find anything else. I was looking at the harwood "formula" style. It looks alright. Would definitely look alittle different than most stangs running around.

I'd like to keep it around 500$ because shipping is going to be crazy. I had a cervini hood on my camaro a fewyears back and it was top notch. Any other good brands?

• Sponsors (?)

ABC exclusive is pretty good. i've seen some nice ones online, and i just got a hell of a deal on one. i have their urethane ground effects kit and it has held up very well despite a couple bumps here and there. the hood is in great shape for they way the idiot that had it before my friend banged it up.

keanan
harwood
cervinis

I had a keanan on my 02 for awhile. Had as good quality as a cervinis. Body shop said it was one of the best glass hoods they had painted.

Also check out HOfibertrends. Never dealt with them personally but they have a good rep, and they make a lot of stock replacement stuff.

Has anyone tried one of those hoods from muscle car direct? Not to be a ricer but I'd kind of like to have a carbon fiber hood. Wouldn't look to bad on a black car. And I wouldn't need it painted just yet.

95 stroker...is that the cowl hood? The 3''? I like it. Isn't very high at all. I had a 3.5'' cervini hood on my old 92z28 and it was pretty tall.

cervinis all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
000_0554.jpg
View attachment 414149

Attachments

• 000_0554.jpg
    000_0554.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 92
keanan
harwood
cervinis

I had a keanan on my 02 for awhile. Had as good quality as a cervinis. Body shop said it was one of the best glass hoods they had painted.

Also check out HOfibertrends. Never dealt with them personally but they have a good rep, and they make a lot of stock replacement stuff.

HO fibertrends is GREAT, not only to deal with it, but the product is awesome. I ordered a race weight hood...weighs something like 12 lbs (pin on)...the gelcoat was frggin smooth as glass. Pretty good fitment, but I ordered it big so I could trim with the dezus fasteners.