Best Ignition for the Stang

Well, I like to keep all the brands the same, why mix and match to save money when i know everything msd is going to work well together.

Plus, i ziptied the box to the bottom of the passenger seat. everybody was like why do that blah blah waste of time.
eh whatever, extend a few wires.

The box is said to be resistant to all weather, and vibration.
But, why subject it to such things when you can put an extra 10 minutes into installing it and do it right

• Sponsors (?)

I was reading through some of the decriptions in the latest Summit catalog July-Aug 07 Edition.

Example: Accel digital ignition says muti strike sparks up to 2500 RPM,

Summit Brand: strongest spark below 3000 RPM.

I am just looking for the best option. I will pay the extra money in order to avoid problems. I cannot stand to buy things twice.

Here's another hot news flash for ya... ALL multispark ignitions that I'm aware of (except for one), stop sending multiple sparks at between 3000 and 4000 RPM. MSD 6A and 6AL both drop down to single spark at right around 3K. I would hazard to guess that maybe, just maybe some of their higher end stuff (digital 7+, etc.) might multi-discharge higher than 3K but probably not.

The only box that I'm aware of that is multi-spark all the way to redline is Pertronix Second Strike. It's a bit of a different animal though. It retains the long fat spark of your stock ignition and tosses it's own short hot spark at between 2 and 6 degrees after the initial ignition.

where's he got it mounted? can you get any pictures of it? im looking for a place to mount mine

Well this actually contradicts what i said before but he installed it under the cold air intake tube in the engine bay. When i told him it was a bad idea, he was too lazy to move it...then the car went in storage for a year while he was in England studying abroad and when he got back he traded it for his current car. He really didnt drive it enough to have it give him a problem. If i was you id mount it under the pass seat, or on the firewall INSIDE the car.

would it be a bad idea to mount this thing far away from everything else, say in the trunk? i have no room in this car and it sucks. i want to rip all of my amplifiers out, but i have no idea how the moron wired it. i see the stock wires taped up, but i dont know if they are connected to the stock amp still. there's 3 amps in this car; one for the woofers, one for the tweeters and one for the speakers. 2 crossovers and i think that's it. to be honest, im annoyed with the whole setup.

looks like the digital-6 would be too big to mount in/behind the glove box...

sorry for hi-jacking

would it be a bad idea to mount this thing far away from everything else, say in the trunk? i have no room in this car and it sucks. i want to rip all of my amplifiers out, but i have no idea how the moron wired it. i see the stock wires taped up, but i dont know if they are connected to the stock amp still. there's 3 amps in this car; one for the woofers, one for the tweeters and one for the speakers. 2 crossovers and i think that's it. to be honest, im annoyed with the whole setup.

looks like the digital-6 would be too big to mount in/behind the glove box...

sorry for hi-jacking

Im sure you can stash the box under the dash somehow. If not, mount it under the passenger seat...the Digital 6 box IIRC is a pretty slim box, it should fit nicely under there...then just run the wires under the carpet.

I called MSD today and talked with the Tech dept for a while. I have decided to go with a Digital 6. I believe it is the "Best" option for me and I will not have to buy another one no matter the mods I do with my car. I will mount it under the passenger seat in order to keep it out of the extreme heat. Thanks for the help.

I have a 93 lx I need to mount my new msd 6 box but I dont want to do under dash pain to route wires and one have a good spot under the hood to mount it maybe even some pics ?