Best mufflers for o/r h-pipe.

rivercitypony

May 2, 2008
Just installed an o/r h-pipe, and paired it with the Pypes Violators that were already on the car. It now sounds scary, especially at wot! However, I'd like to tone it down a little bit. Now I have to drive like there's an egg under the accelerator pedal, because my city is full of cops. I didn't realize that removing the cats could make such a difference. My previous set-up was a catted x-pipe with the Violators. Most people (including me) thought the car was too quiet and had the raspy sound you get with an x-pipe. But now the o/r h-pipe has taken the sound level to the other extreme. Any suggestions for a more civilized muffler? Thanks for the input.

2007 GT: silver
mods:
-Steeda cai, UDPs, CMCV delete, Bamachips tune, MGW shifter, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spydershaft, J&M LCAs, adjustable UCA and panhard bar

• Sponsors (?)

I have the SLP Power Flo and must say the sound is deafining. So, I can't say for sure which will quiet it down, but don't get the Power Flo's. Previously I had Flows with Pypes OR H and it sounded very good.

I probably should have kept the Flows.

LoL yeah, Violators + OR H equals crazy loud (but it sounds fantastic and has no drone). Honestly, the stockers sound great with the OR H, they just need some different tips welded on. They're much quieter.

LoL yeah, Violators + OR H equals crazy loud (but it sounds fantastic and has no drone). Honestly, the stockers sound great with the OR H, they just need some different tips welded on. They're much quieter.

+1 Exactly what I did when I took my Flows off. Was too loud for me with the O/R-H

And welded on 4" Magnaflow rolled tips. Just like the flow tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkrvY_OZhLA

Just installed an o/r h-pipe, and paired it with the Pypes Violators that were already on the car. It now sounds scary, especially at wot! However, I'd like to tone it down a little bit. Now I have to drive like there's an egg under the accelerator pedal, because my city is full of cops. I didn't realize that removing the cats could make such a difference. My previous set-up was a catted x-pipe with the Violators. Most people (including me) thought the car was too quiet and had the raspy sound you get with an x-pipe. But now the o/r h-pipe has taken the sound level to the other extreme. Any suggestions for a more civilized muffler? Thanks for the input.

2007 GT: silver
mods:
-Steeda cai, UDPs, CMCV delete, Bamachips tune, MGW shifter, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spydershaft, J&M LCAs, adjustable UCA and panhard bar
I still have my old magnaflows laying around. I now have no mufflers.

Posted via Mobile Device

So I just threw my stock mufflers on and it doesn't sound bad. It's a LOT more quiet, that's for sure. No rumble when I'm just cruising, but it still gets pretty throaty when you get on it. The Violators are just too loud. I haven't been driving my car to work because I didn't want to get pulled over. I think I'll end up with Stingers, but the stockers are good for now.