Best oil filter

AcE XBOX

Mar 26, 2004
What's the best oil filter? My friends say its fram and I said it was a POS and they laughed at me.

I had a site where all the oil filters where opened and inspectioned. Anyone have the link?

• Sponsors (?)

Motorcraft filters are made by Purolator.
I ran the Purolator PureOne filters in my old car and nothing but the Motorcraft FL820s in my new ride. :nice:
Oh yeah, BTW, FRAM DOES SUCK!!
They use paper end caps on their filters that, if given enough time, can break apart and get in your motor.:nonono:

USMC03GT said:
This might be expensive, but I'm sure it's way better than all of the paper filters, plus you won't ever have to buy another filter!

It's the 8400 series

Filter

I'm going to get a quote for this just to see how much.

I have used some reusable type filters on my race cars, they were called Oberg filters and cost as much as $149.
$149/$2.97=51 Motorcraft FL820 filters.
51 Oil Changes at 5,000 miles per change=255,000 Miles
I don't think I am going to make it to 255,000 miles with my '04 GT :D

I always use a PureOne Oil filter and Mobile 1 tri-synthetic oil. When i did my headswap the inside of the engine still looked brand new after ~80,000 hard miles.

Looks like the Mobile 1 and K&N oil filters will be a good substitute if the store is out of the PureOne filter. :nice:

-Mike

mcmmotorsports said:
I have used some reusable type filters on my race cars, they were called Oberg filters and cost as much as $149.
$149/$2.97=51 Motorcraft FL820 filters.
51 Oil Changes at 5,000 miles per change=255,000 Miles
I don't think I am going to make it to 255,000 miles with my '04 GT :D

True. IF you use motorcraft filters. Some of the ppl that use K&N filters at ten bucks a pop it would pay to get. 10/150=15. 15*5,000=75,000

Everyone has their own opinion on this topic. No matter what other people say, you're not going to change their minds :p

I use Motorcraft in all my vehicles. Fram sucks big time. I had one in my 70 when I did the cam swap. The filter element seperated from the canister and wouldn't let enough oil into the motor. Ended up flattening the cam and wiping out all the bearings.