Best place for body panels???

red302

Founding Member
Nov 21, 1998
Peru, IL
I'm in the process of restomodding a '67 coupe. I have to replace both rear quarters, outer wheel houses, and the tail light panel. I've heard that the body panels from some suppliers have a lot to be desired as far as quality, and fit. I've gotten parts from many Mustang parts places in the past, but never any sheetmetal parts, so where's the best places to order body panels? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

This question has been asked a couple of times in the last two months, the consensus seems to be that National Parts Depot (NPD) has the best sheetmetal. I just ordered some from them but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't verify thei quality yet.

Yes, I agree the quality from some sources is pretty bad. I have another question about the "Made in the USA" off the original Ford tooling body parts. I don't mind paying a lot higher price for good quality parts.......but what keeps some of these vendors (distributors) from substituting one for the other. Are these new parts stamped in some way? I understand you can send it back and not buy from them again (less shipping = ouch) but what about the people that don't send them back or the companies that exist without relying on repeat business. I have seen the counterfeiting show up on other parts so I am curious if it will effect the new "Ford" tooled body parts?

i asked the same? about my 67 coupe project everyone says npd is great but im gonna have to go with mustang corral in edwardsville il cause i can go there see the parts before i buy = no shipping damage save $$$ on shipping

1 800 327 2897 if u wanna call em

I got all mine from Branda... orig tooling fenders and repop quarter. They beat the prices of everyone, packed the right and have outstanding service... so much, I went and ordered the shelby hood and cali special trunk lid.