Best price for Xcal2????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpentico

Dec 7, 2004
I'm ready to bit the bullet and purchase an Xcal 2 to replace my old Xcal 1.

Anyone know of a company that is accepting some kind of trade in for my old Xcal 1? :shrug:

Who has the best price for an Xcal 2 out there?

• Sponsors (?)

Your xcal1 was compatible with the 05? I did not even think they were not compatible. Maybe once you get the XCal2 and tune it you will experience a noticeable difference in Horsies.
But anyways, I doubt you are gonna find someone to trade it in. Sell it on ebay or private sale or something. Then buy the XCAL2.
Or buy and sell it off after you program it back to stock to load the XCAL2. Couple of decisions, but I would try and sell it myself.

blackonblack06 said:
Your xcal1 was compatible with the 05? I did not even think they were not compatible. Maybe once you get the XCal2 and tune it you will experience a noticeable difference in Horsies.
But anyways, I doubt you are gonna find someone to trade it in. Sell it on ebay or private sale or something. Then buy the XCAL2.
Or buy and sell it off after you program it back to stock to load the XCAL2. Couple of decisions, but I would try and sell it myself.

Oh yes the Xcal 1 is compatable with the 05 Mustang.
The problem is you have to purchase the unit, then a special cable to connect the unit to your home computer so you can make tune changes. The software can only change the most basic of tune parameters, and there is no data logging OR trouble codes to view.
The tunes I have are pretty good. I put down 289 RWHP with 87 gas.
Now I want to start tuning things myself.

As for selling the old Xcal 1, the unit LOCKS itself to the car once it is used, so it can not be used on another viehicle unless you send it in to SCT and pay for them to unlock it. $$$$

Funny title: "Best Price"... (Sorry to hack your post)
I was looking for best price on parts for a previous car. I ended up with 3 different chips, 2 exhaust, 2 turbos, 3 cai, etc.

I would recommend you to get a renamed brand of programmer/tuner, tecnically flexible (upgrades, new tunes) and with excelent customer service. It´s not hard to find and you may expend a little more money right now, but it´ll be saving you some cash in the future.

Sutton HP was accepting them for a discount towards a Xcal II. I don't know if that was a promotion from SCT though. It was this past summer, so you'd have to check with them. Either way they tune 05 awesome, even had the first 3V in the 9s, and was fastest for quite sometime. They have already built N/A, S/C, and turbo 05s. Dont know their number but sure its on their site. www.suttonhp.com Not trying to overly push them, but if you look for one of the JBA exhaust banners that are at the top of the stangnet pages all the time, the black 05 on the right side of the ad is Sutton's.

Status
Not open for further replies.