Best Rebuild Kit

Going to re-build the engine in my cobra despite its 71k mile odometer reading. Was wondering... What is the best most complete kit? I've seen kits ranging from 760.00 from summit minus a new crank and rods to kits at Sean Hyland costing 2699.00. Does any other reputable company offer a complete or almost complete kit? How important is it to replace the timing chains,guides and cam gears? I'm planning on throwing about 15-17lbs of boost at this engine with 8.7:1 - 9.0:1 C.R. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Blown94coupeGT said:
Going to re-build the engine in my cobra despite its 71k mile odometer reading. Was wondering... What is the best most complete kit? I've seen kits ranging from 760.00 from summit minus a new crank and rods to kits at Sean Hyland costing 2699.00. Does any other reputable company offer a complete or almost complete kit? How important is it to replace the timing chains,guides and cam gears? I'm planning on throwing about 15-17lbs of boost at this engine with 8.7:1 - 9.0:1 C.R. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You're going to need forged components if you plan on running that kind of boost with your engine. The Summit kit is a bare bones rebuild and not what you're looking for. Expect to spend at least twice that. Check out www.modularperformance.com for the forged rods and pistons. As far as your chains, guides, etc.....with only 71K, I wouldn't bother replacing them, since the wear will be minimal..