Best rust proof paint.

I noticed a little rust spot on the underside of my car and don't want to let it advance. I don't want to take the time to go down there and work on it and spray it with some cheap rust proof paint, so what do you all recommen? And is there a procedure I should follow to stop this rust spot?

• Sponsors (?)

The most important thing to do is grind away the rust that has formed, and get to bare metal, then spray some rust preventative spray paint, then put a layer of primer, then a color.
Scott

Wouldn't underbody coating work? I just thought of this because I just used some. I ended up having to cut some of my wheel wells out where the 315's were rubbing in hard corners. I just smoothed it out and put underbody coating on there. Could he not sand the rust away.... maybe touch it with some primer.... then use underbody?

SeventyMach1 said:
Wouldn't underbody coating work? I just thought of this because I just used some. I ended up having to cut some of my wheel wells out where the 315's were rubbing in hard corners. I just smoothed it out and put underbody coating on there. Could he not sand the rust away.... maybe touch it with some primer.... then use underbody?

Isnt that the rubbery stuff that melts when it gets hot out and is really nasty?

Id hit it with POR-15. I want to do my underbody with it next time the trans comes out.