best stoker kit

im lookn to do a 347 kit to my fox...but i dont really know tooo much about the topic. i was wondering if u guys give me links for a good stroker kit. i dont think i have enuf patience to piece one together...but if wud be much better that way then let me know. thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

i disagree chp owns all in my opinion, there 347 stroker doesn't burn oil like a dss will, plus i heard alot of complaints about dss not checking clearances along with balancing and assembly problems, checkem both out. Dss are geared to be striaght race motors not for longgevity or streetability. They have there advantages with there strong main support but you can get one installed on a chp for alittle dough.

www.coasthigh.com
www.dssracing.com

331's will not burn oil. CHP's street fighter 347 uses a shorter rod (5.315")to allow the oil rings to sit above the wrist pin, makin it seal better from burning oil. However it gives the engine a lower rod ratio making more force on the thrust side of the piston and cylinder. 331 kits do not have this problem as they have a shorter stoke and keep the oil rings above the wrist pin while maintaining a 5.400 length rod which makes a much better rod ratio, especially with a shorter stroke. 347's have more cubes, but 331's have a better rod ratio. And, as proven by pro engine builders such as Smokey Yunick time after time, a longer rod makes more power. I'm not saying a 331 will make more power, but it would be easier on the cylinder walls and burning oil. And I've heard lots of good things about Scat cranks. Rods-crower, manley, scat=good things. Pistons-Probe, Wiseco, JE=good things.

I highly recomend using SCAT Internal Components. There Cranks, and Rods are excellent. There stroker kit's usually come with SRP Forged pistons as well which is a bonus as well. Stay away from CAT and Eagle. I have talked to some well known machinists' who have nothing but bad stuff to say about Eagle Cranks (Something to do with there oil passage design). CAT stuff is made in Taiwan so STAY AWAY.
Anyway go with SCAT, I used there 408 Kit in my stroker and was really imressed with there stuff. These day's you will see the majority of Stroker engine's out there are using SCAT components.

bmo37 said:
i disagree chp owns all in my opinion, there 347 stroker doesn't burn oil like a dss will, plus i heard alot of complaints about dss not checking clearances along with balancing and assembly problems, checkem both out. Dss are geared to be striaght race motors not for longgevity or streetability. They have there advantages with there strong main support but you can get one installed on a chp for alittle dough.

Besides that being the most ignorant statement ever posted on this board...I use DSS internals, but id have to agree that SCAT has the best name out there and is known for their high quality rotating assemblies.

bmo37 said:

www.coasthigh.com
www.dssracing.com

yep he's right... i wanted to get a 347 stroker and i was looking at the dss stroker kit but after i've made a research i've found out that the 347 burns oil ... so now i'm going with the chp...

sirsureshot39 said:
Besides that being the most ignorant statement ever posted on this board...I use DSS internals, but id have to agree that SCAT has the best name out there and is known for their high quality rotating assemblies.

you crack me up nothing i said was wrong bro, next time know what your talking about before you open your mouth, ture or false dss 347 stroker oil rings intersect with the wrist pin on the piston? If you don't believe me call dss up and ask they'll even tell you it does, they'll also say they have oil control rings that "susposedly" stop this problem, but the fact remains it still burns oil.

I wasn't bad mouthing dss but rather telling the truth about what there really made for, there not street engines but rather designed to be all out race assemblies

bmo37 said:
you crack me up nothing i said was wrong bro, next time know what your talking about before you open your mouth, ture or false dss 347 stroker oil rings intersect with the wrist pin on the piston? If you don't believe me call dss up and ask they'll even tell you it does, they'll also say they have oil control rings that "susposedly" stop this problem, but the fact remains it still burns oil.

I was bad mouthing dss but rather telling the truth about what there really made for, there not street engines but rather designed to be all out race assemblies

you're absolutely right :nice: