Best tire for the street and occasional track use? Need everyone’s input please

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:
GOt mine from Discount Tire for 110 a piece, including mount/balance and the warranty/protection plan., and free rotations. Oh, and that included the valve stems and they alos added these really nice looking chrome stem caps.

How did you get it for $110? On the site it says $160 per tire.

If he got them for 110 a piece they weren't drag radials or they were used tires.

I just ordered a set of 315's from discounttiredirect.com the cheapest place i could find it for, $185. The 275's were only about 30 dollars less.

kirkyg

03gtmustang said:
What psi are you guys running with the nitto's at the track?

I ran mine a 20, 18 and 17psi at test and tune last year. I would recommend 17 psi for best traction. Dont think I would go lower than that myself but that's what I would run if I had to run drag radials again. Upgraded to ET streets :nice:

kirkyg said:
If he got them for 110 a piece they weren't drag radials or they were used tires.

I just ordered a set of 315's from discounttiredirect.com the cheapest place i could find it for, $185. The 275's were only about 30 dollars less.

kirkyg

Ya, they werent the drag radials. Just the regular NT-555's since I really dont go to the track but once a year. They were brand new tires, NOT used. I guess they were just having a special this summer.

Im thinking about getting some V6 rims, all 4 for $100. My question is, obviously I wont be able to go any bigger then 275's on them. Will there be a difference between 275's and 315's? Im thinking BFG or Nitto's. Also for those of you that have the Nitto's or BFG's, how much better are they then the stock tires. Do you all think I should go with the V6 rims and 275's or slicks? How much would slicks run me?

CottonBurnerz said:
I say regular 555 nittos for street/daily driving then get 2x 315's BFG to switch out when going to the track only..

I cant fit 315's on 15x7" rims. But what about slicks on a 15x7? Now Im thinking about getting the Nitto's for my stock rims and putting slicks on the v6 rims. Would it be worth it to put slicks on those small rims?