best year

• Sponsors (?)

Regardless of what's been said here, it's pretty tough to go wrong with any of them really. They're all good running, low maintanence engines that have a ton of performance potential left on the table from the factory.

I love my '96. No issues to report at all... I got lucky and found mine with only 73k orig miles. Most i looked at were way over 100k+.

Comparing the 5.0 and the 4.6... The 4.6 is a much smoother running engine than all the 5.0s i've had.

I'd recommend a '96-'98 DOHC Cobra over a 5.0 any day...

I love my '96. No issues to report at all... I got lucky and found mine with only 73k orig miles. Most i looked at were way over 100k+.

Comparing the 5.0 and the 4.6... The 4.6 is a much smoother running engine than all the 5.0s i've had.

I'd recommend a '96-'98 DOHC Cobra over a 5.0 any day...

True...But the 94-95 5.0's have the old school drivetrain with the comfort of the 94-04, plus u cant beat the sound of a 5.0....I do agree though, I would take the 96-98 Cobra over my 95 anyday, but they are out of the price range I was in for my daily driver & I have a 4V already anyway!!!!!

BTW, 1Phat5liter, what bulbs are those in your sig pic? they look nice....Are they HID???

Regardless of what's been said here, it's pretty tough to go wrong with any of them really. They're all good running, low maintanence engines that have a ton of performance potential left on the table from the factory.

agreed, can't go wrong with any of them really

i'd personally go with an older 4.6 GT. while not the fastest thing on the road, for a DD it's ok and you can always do the PI swap later on if you want more power. a 5spd PI swapped GT with full exhaust and a few bolt-on's (and maybe gears) is a mid 13-sec ride easy in street trim, not bad for a daily driver and while not as quick as a h/c/i 5.0 it's a little smoother and gas mileage will be a bit better

I think we can all agree that both the 5.0s and 4.6s sound dope! lol I did love the sound of my 5.0s though... My '89 LX had full exhaust with Flowmaster 40s... had that deep, loud roar to it.

BTW, 1Phat5liter, what bulbs are those in your sig pic? they look nice....Are they HID???

Yeah they're HID. 6000k, didn't want to go too blue. The kit i'm using only cost $80 shipped to my door.

I think we can all agree that both the 5.0s and 4.6s sound dope! lol I did love the sound of my 5.0s though... My '89 LX had full exhaust with Flowmaster 40s... had that deep, loud roar to it.

Yeah they're HID. 6000k, didn't want to go too blue. The kit i'm using only cost $80 shipped to my door.

looks bad@$$...i need to get rid of the stupid 8k's I have on my Mach...The dude i bought them from (local ricer shop) told me they were 6k, but mine look pretty blue, so they gotta be 8k....

Yeah if it's pretty blue, it's probably 8k. But i like the look of 8k on some cars. I see a lot of the newer euro cars (porsche, merc, bmw, etc.) are pretty damn blue!

My '01 330ci had the factory xenons and they were 4300k, and didn't have much blue at all. Now the newer Bimmers must be running 6000-8000k.

One thing's for sure... i'll never go back to halogen! I'm obsessed with seeing well at night now lol.

Yeah if it's pretty blue, it's probably 8k. But i like the look of 8k on some cars. I see a lot of the newer euro cars (porsche, merc, bmw, etc.) are pretty damn blue!

My '01 330ci had the factory xenons and they were 4300k, and didn't have much blue at all. Now the newer Bimmers must be running 6000-8000k.

One thing's for sure... i'll never go back to halogen! I'm obsessed with seeing well at night now lol.

Its weird because sometimes mine look blue from certain angles & they like look white from other angles...I want to actually get 4300k to get the stock HID look...

DSCN2819.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2819.jpg
    DSCN2819.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1763.jpg
    DSCN1763.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1774.jpg
    DSCN1774.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
:rolleyes: No thats what u said!!!:lol: LOL!!! U said they sound very compareable & I said the sound different???:shrug:

I didn't say they sounded comparable (although I feel as though the do somewhat) I said their sound "quality" was comparable. As in the both sound great, but the 4.6L was a little crisper sounding.

Either way, as soon as someone swaps out to an aftermarket exhaust, all bets are off.

BTW....nice new sig pic, but if you want to keep it, you've got to resize it to the alloted limits. :D

* 500 pixels wide, 100 pixels tall and 20k in size for SN hosted images.

* 650 pixels wide, 125 pixels high for off-site hosted images

I didn't say they sounded comparable (although I feel as though the do somewhat) I said their sound "quality" was comparable. As in the both sound great, but the 4.6L was a little crisper sounding.

Either way, as soon as someone swaps out to an aftermarket exhaust, all bets are off.

BTW....nice new sig pic, but if you want to keep it, you've got to resize it to the alloted limits. :D

* 500 pixels wide, 100 pixels tall and 20k in size for SN hosted images.

* 650 pixels wide, 125 pixels high for off-site hosted images

thanks....Its still too big??? how do i resize it???

Thanks for the heads up.

When i sized my sig pic, i compared it to a lot of the other sigs on this board and mine came out a bit smaller actually... Which suprised me cause i have my resolution settings at the smallest, so on other comps with normal resolution these sigs must look huge lol. They always do when i go to my friend's house on his comp.

thanks....Its still too big??? how do i resize it???

Yeah, yours clocks in at 480x285....waaaay out of spec. Anytime I want to resize an off site posted image, I just use Microsoft Paint, or Nero Photosnap to change mine. If you've got a Photobucket account I think you can do it there too. It might automatically resize the image for you if you host it through SN though. You'll have to try.
Thanks for the heads up.

When i sized my sig pic, i compared it to a lot of the other sigs on this board and mine came out a bit smaller actually... Which suprised me cause i have my resolution settings at the smallest, so on other comps with normal resolution these sigs must look huge lol. They always do when i go to my friend's house on his comp.

Yours a little larger than allowable, but still pretty reasonable (505x176), since it's not being hosted by SN. If you can narrow it down a little more, try to, but unless one of the admins, or your forum moderator has any concerns about it, I wouldn't worry.