Better confident brake feel?

bemol

Founding Member
Jun 18, 2002
Some weeks ago, I had a minor accident where I couldn't brake in time resulting in minor scrachting to the paint. The brakes are ok, if you plant your foot in the pedal, but its so much effort. I have also an Altima 00, and its brake response its instantaneous, I know the booster might be the difference. SO, I want to improve the braking response, but is it better to buy a kit, a not so expensive Cobra or Bullit Kit, or a expensive kit like Brembo's; OR, do you guys think the stock system is ok, and its better just to buy Greenstuff or Hawk pads?and if this is the answer, which are better for feel, EBC or Hawk.

Please help. Thanks.

Cheers
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

bemol said:
Some weeks ago, I had a minor accident where I couldn't brake in time resulting in minor scrachting to the paint. The brakes are ok, if you plant your foot in the pedal, but its so much effort. I have also an Altima 00, and its brake response its instantaneous, I know the booster might be the difference. SO, I want to improve the braking response, but is it better to buy a kit, a not so expensive Cobra or Bullit Kit, or a expensive kit like Brembo's; OR, do you guys think the stock system is ok, and its better just to buy Greenstuff or Hawk pads?and if this is the answer, which are better for feel, EBC or Hawk.

Please help. Thanks.

Cheers
Dan
the reason the Cobra/Bullitt kits brake better is the clamping angle. they actually have less clamping surface area than the stock brakes. After the pads that came with my cobra kit wore in a little i have been pretty impressed with the improvement, but if i had more cash at the time I would have put EBC green stuff pads in my cobra kit prior to the installation. for the money I don't think you will look back.. its a nice kit. I got mine from www.mustangparts.com for 399.
219150_61_full.jpg

-wade

I just upgraded to the Bullitt brake kit, slotted rotors, and stainless steel brake lines. Ten times better than the stock setup. I got my stuff from discbrakesrus.com b/c I wanted my calipers powdercoated silver with a black pony rather than the factory red ones on the Buillitts.