Beware of crazy horse racing in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I just wanted to let the mustang community to beware of Crazy Horse Racing in NJ! Chris winters overhauled my 00 Ford focus supercharged engine. He charged me 9K total and had the car for 9 months. He overhauled the motor 3 times due to faulty worksmanship. He also had the engine done outside of the shop which was not in our original agreement! Net Net, the last motor i recieved was put into the car (built by B&B racing in Rahway NJ). He did not replace the overhead cam tensioner pulley or idler pulley a toal of $75.00. In turn I had the car maybe 1000 miles and the fourth engine broke the idler pulley (mind you a pulley that had over 100K miles on it) and destroyed the fresh motor. Chris will do nothing about it and his direct quote was "I should have charged you $20K and replaced your whole car". Our agreement was to replace anything that would cause a possible problem or render the engine "un-safe". After 9-months and 9k my car sits covered in a garage. I had to go out and by a new car to get to work! I had two different shops look at the car and they both agreeed unbenounced to each other that the cam pulleys should have been replaced during the overhaul and that inturn caused the engine failure! I am pursuing leagal action in small claims court. I just do not want to see anyone else make this mistake, it almost cost me a marriage! I am 35 years old and know the valvue of you get what you pay for, this is why I did not go the cheap route and have someone do a half ass job, in return this is exactly what I recieved!

A buddy of mine went through about 3 shortblocks through Crazy Horse because none of the rings ever sealed and the motor would eat a couple quarts of oil like there was no tomorrow.

Gluck

Both of you are wrong. if you go to alot of the mustang websites (corral,hardcore5.0,svtperformance,turbomustangs,even here on stangnet) you will find alot more people agree that chris is an awesome guy. he has worked with MM&FF and have never been dogged on by anybody. also I have talked to many people who would love to get to this guys shop because of the good things they have heard about them. I have also had a couple of friends tell me how much they like this guy and how i should go there if i ever have any problems/need installs on my car.

So everybody reading this post just look at the facts Mr. Focus has 0 post on here on modded mustangs he has 1. On the other hand Crazy horse has worked on hundreds or even a thousand cars and has obvisouly had success than failure, when a magazine goes to you and ask you to work on many projects who are you gonna choose. I am not a part of crazy horse and i have never even met the guy but i don't wanna see a company that has done alot of good go down the drain because of some random buy that supposedly lost 9 grand

just my opinion

- Cody -

He may be exaggerating, but you can't call him "wrong." We have no idea what the situation, and who is screwing who....but engines also don't burn oil for no reason (whether it be builder or driver).

After reading it, and thinking about it, it looks like some tool blew it out of proportion....again.

He repeatedly blew up on this poor guy (Chris) who was just trying to help him. In the end, he decided to go trash the guys name on an internet forum with some exaggerated or made up story.

Typical....

story=two sides...usually truth falls somewhere in the middle. Working with customers for too many yrs to count I can say some people just can't be made happy..only way to correct situation is with distance, you go your way..I'll go mine :).

I like how the original poster pointed out everything negative about the shop, but didnt say anything about him modding his own car incorrectly. :rolleyes:

The way i see it...

1. Dont take a non Mustang to a mustang shop and expect perfect results.

2. Each time the car was left in front of the bay door, i personally would have had it towed to impound.

3. Who the hell lets his wife call a speed shop?

I get a kick out of how the original poster has not posted since...

The original poster is obviously a tool trying to trash someone for his own mistake. IF Chris's story is 100% true (and honestly I have heard a lot of good stuff about this guy and he seems sincere in his story) then he did more than try to resolve the focus's problems. The car broke because the original poster is obviously a ricer and doesnt know how to drive it. The fact that his wife called and was like "is the car broke due to dave racing it" is a red flag right there. He obviously has a problem.

I take Chris's side on the matter and its not fair to trash his business because you had a bad experience.

There is always 2 sides of the story - but in this case im siding with chris. i have read alot about his shop and i have seen many an install in MM&FF. Not saying thats something credible but its definatly something. Like he said you cant please everyone sometimes

This thread is gay. All shops have their problem customers that will never be happy. Sure, mechanics screw up sometimes. I had a guy that works at my shop forget to put in diff fluid and the truck blew up 300 miles from home. But did he get fired? No. It was an honest mistake. He's not longer employed here, but thats another story.

You guys are right, sometimes you just have to cut ties and go your seperate ways. People screw up, and if Chris' story is truthful, it sounds like he tried everything possible to make this guy happy.

To the original poster, I heard they are searching for some new "ASSHAT" members. Thats just what I heard may be a rumor, I am not a member (yet) of that particular club.
I dont like to get involved with stories like this, but you parked your car in front of his bay door???!!!??? Cmon man, that's not the way to get an issue resolved. Usually when someone comes in our shop acting like that, we are less likely to help them in the future. If we are @ fault then we will square it away as quick as possible. Just a bit of info for ya. I hope your marriage is doing better. Also I hope your new car was fast from the factory to begin with.

Crazy horse's days are numbered, if you think your the only one chris has screwed you are dead wrong.
He only wasted 9k of your money? You are like 10th on the list with that amount.
You'd have to of spent 20,000 to be near the top of the list of people screwed.
He tells everyone he can build anything. They have no clue Their best mechanic left them quite a few years ago.

I got news for you guys, nobody is getting no money back. Lawyer or no lawyer.
I feel bad saying it, but it's the truth, so don't go planning to get a refund and build another engine.
Even if they made him liquidate the place, you still are too low on the chain to get money.

weren't you like pro Crazy Horse Racing for a really long time? For some reason I remember you saying how wonderfull they were back in the past in some of the UnderPressure threads...hmm...mabybe I just suck at remembering things...lol.

EDIT: nevermind, it was that other place out in Jackson that's affiliated with C&H, right? damn, what's their name again?

I'm always suspect of someone who tells a story and leaves out the less-than-flattering information about their own actions.

In this case, Chris made the mistake of farming out work to a shop that was apparently incompetent (the first machine shop). He should have had the owner of the car deal directly with the machine shop and then performed the installation.

As a business owner, I can say it's just bad business if you can't guarantee a subcontractor's work - you are ultimately responsible.

Chris definately paid for those mistakes out of his own pocket. The whole thing is just representative of a poorly communicated business deal. Leave nothing to assumption and document everything. Don't put yourself in a position where you will suffer for a bad subcontractor.

Anyhow, that's my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.