Big Bore Dyno Results inside

At the same power level....that is the important part of your statement. The reason you see so many problems with s/c cars is because people get carried away with the power and boost levels.

A car under 6 lbs of boost making 380 RWHP that over revs his car is in the same boat as the n/a guy making 380 RWHP that over revs his engine. Now, over rev my car with 13 lbs of boost and...bye, bye stock short block.

There's nothing wrong with s/c'ing our blocks...just make sure the tune is right on and if possible, stay conservative on the boost.

If lafear would have kept his compression under 9.5 he could have added boost later and saw crazy power. I believe he is at 10.5 as he plans to never add a blower. Never say never though.... :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

STUD said:
Just curious, how much money did 70 more rwhp cost you. I assume it was a stock dohc 4.6 before. Heck, you could of bought a 2003 cobra, and for 2k you'd be pushing 500rwhp. I'm guessing at least 5k for the motor rebuild and frpp parts. Although, S/C 99-2001 motors is risky business, the potential for damage is high, and longevity is low. I've heard of tons of guys blowing motors in 97-01cobra's that are stock and S/C.

$8100 total

1) I like the fact that my snake is a convertible that weighs 3450lb (vs. 3800+ for a 03+)
2) I dont really care for blower whine. I like the american musclecar sound. When you 'pully' your roots blower, the whine gets much worse. I have a buddy w/ a blown saleen. you can't really hear the motor at all. its all blower whine :(
3) I dont have a blower under the hood, heat soaking the engine and bogging after being heat soaked (centri blowers mainly)
4) No additional parts that can fail
5) totally stealth :nice:
6) argue all you want about this statement but: at or even near same HP/TQ figures, the N/A car is always quicker than the blown car. So dont be a dyno whore. that will give you a very false sence of security. :p
7) I also like the idea of paying off my cobra in 1.5 years so i can focus on other things.
8) I like the look of the 99-01 better than the 03+
9) I like having an aluminum motor. :nice:

Here is a little known fact: Factory forged motors use a forging process that is not top notch. Part-based stress fractures and breaks will not be uncommon on the high-horsepower 03-04's (just give them a little time). My block is "theoritically" unbreakable with the parts i have into it.

Addict: the 10.5.1 compression is not an issue for my motor. The reason that F-bods have issues running superchargers is cause they are running 10.0.1 or 10.5.1 AND.........have very weak internals. I can easily put 16lbs of boost through my motor for the next 10 years and have zero issues. I'm running custom COMETIC head gaskets. They are made to handle any boost level... :nice:

Hope i didn't come off arrogant, but its just my backwards thinking. lol :flag: