Big Brake Kit (that fits 17" factory Bullitt's)?

Hey guys (and gals),

I've been thinking about upgrading my brakes, at first I was going to just do the rotors, lines and pads (and repaint my calipers or check out the caliper covers from MGP) but when I add up all the coin that I'd be spending I'm thinking it might be more advantageous for me to just pony up the extra cash (no pun intended, ok maybe there was a bit of a pun intended there, lol) and get whole new brake kit.

The thing that's stopping me from getting the brembo kit (or similar) is that none of them fit the stock 17" bullitt wheels, this wouldn't be an issue at all since I've got 20" Boss rims for the summer, but my issue is that I've put a set of great Nokian studded winter tires of the 17" factory wheels for winter and if I were to have to replace the rims and winter tires it'd cost me a lot more than I'd like to spend.

If you have any suggestions of brake kits, or suggestions of approaching my upgrade from a different direction please let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see many if any big brake kits fitting the standard 17 in wheels. Some 18's also cannot be fitted with big brake kits depending on the design and size of the kit. I recently found out that the only kit that works with 18in FR500s is SSBCs 13in triforce 3 piston kit because of the caliper's flat design. The 14in triforce already does not fit.

You probably will have to buy some 18in wheels before considering a brake swap or in the very least try some pretty extreme wheel spacers which I don't really recommend.

You want a BBK just for looks? Stick with your original plan. Paint the calipers, get some drilled or slotted rotors. Caliper paint costs next to nothing and you can get a set of 4 Powerslot rotors $300 to $400, maybe less.

Otherwise, yes, you're looking at $1200 to $1500 for just a front kit, plus another $1200 to $2200 in wheels and tires to go to 18s or 20s.

I actually upgraded my brakes because I go to the track and race my a$$ off. But even so, I only replaced my rotors, lines, pads and installed some cooling ducts. My brakes perform very well and rarely fade. I did not buy a BBK. Not that I don't see the benefit, I just don't need it.