Mach 1 Biggest Drop?

machwon04

Jun 2, 2005
Whats up guys. I was wondernig what kit would give me the most drop on a 2004 Mach. From what I've read, it's the H&R supersports, at about 1.5 - 1.75 all 4 corners. I'd like to get as close to 2 full inches if I can. I love how the cobra's sit damn near on top of the tire when they are dropped.

• Sponsors (?)

machwon04 said:
Whats up guys. I was wondernig what kit would give me the most drop on a 2004 Mach. From what I've read, it's the H&R supersports, at about 1.5 - 1.75 all 4 corners. I'd like to get as close to 2 full inches if I can. I love how the cobra's sit damn near on top of the tire when they are dropped.
Yeah, you'll really get a kick out of it when you pull into a parking spot or a residential neighborhood with speed bumps and you rip the chin spoiler off the car! I have MRT street performance springs which dropped the car about 1" in addition to the half inch it is already lowered by the factory suspension. While it makes the car look better, it's a major pain in the butt. I've folded the chin spoiler up several times, I scape my mid-pipe going over speed bumps, I can't get a floor jack under the car without first jacking it up with a bottle jack! If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably leave the damn thing alone!

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes getting the looks you want aren't worth the consequences.

I have the MRT race springs and it dropped mine 1.25" on all 4 corners but recently I installed Steeda's adjustable weightjacker lower control arms and I dropped it another .25" in the rear, see the pictures in my Garage Photos, the ones with stock Mach1 wheels is the way it is now and pictures with the black wheels are just the springs before the weightjacker control arms.

machwon04 said:
Thanks, your car looks badass! I'm not too familiar with suspension, what did the control arms do for the car, besides the obvious drop?

Your welcome and thanks to you too!

The control arms got rid of the flimsey stamped steel Factory control arms and also the soft rubber bushings that are on each end. The control arms I installed are solid aluminum with hard bushings. This helps eliminate any fore and aft movement in the bushings and twist or lateral flex in the conrtol arms and the bushings. That equates to the tire having a more stable contact patch with the pavement while accelerating, braking and cornering.

hotrodnut, your car looks f 'n badass man.....

kinda funny, when i was still looking at Machs to buy, I ran across a picture of yours with the red on black rims and thats what made up my mind to go with red, cause I already had my black bullitts from my GT. I'd like to have some solid black rims without the chrome lip, but I can't afford to buy any new rims right now. Just gotta stick with what i got.....

djlethalwang said:
hotrodnut, your car looks f 'n badass man.....

kinda funny, when i was still looking at Machs to buy, I ran across a picture of yours with the red on black rims and thats what made up my mind to go with red, cause I already had my black bullitts from my GT. I'd like to have some solid black rims without the chrome lip, but I can't afford to buy any new rims right now. Just gotta stick with what i got.....

Thanks djlethalwang, I'm glad my red Mach had an influence on your choice of Mach's. In looking at the picks in your Garage your's looks equally as well with the black bullitts too! :nice: Don't you think Ford should have had black wheels to go with the whole black accented scheme they were doing on the Mach1? IMO, it should have been that way from the Factory. :flag:

Yeah definitely.....thats what I think should have happened too. The black accents definitely call for some black rims to match. I think red and white look best with black rims. I think the orange would look best with some powder-coated gunmetal wheels like the 10th anniversary Cobras.

Looks good man!
I'm thinkin about goin with the H&R's then, and get 18" Torque Thrust II's, but powdercoat the spokes and centers shiny black. I like the stepped lip on the torque thrusts much better than the flat lip on the 10.5 deep dish bullets, plus the lip is the same all the way around on the Torque Thusts! What do you guys think? :shrug:

manicmustangman said:
I say a 0" drop. Of course, part of that is because of my height. At 6'4 I hate squating to have to get into a car. But I also think that Mach 1s look best at their stock height.

:nice: Even at only 6'0" I find it kind of a pain getting in and out of my Mach. And if I'm parked on an incline, I practically fall out of my Mach just to get out of it. :cool: