Bilsteins are in!

04GT

Oct 8, 2003
Southwest Ohio
Just got my Bilsteins installed yesterday! They feel way better that my stock ones did, even the day I bought it. I drove home on the crappiest roads between the shop and my house, including 2 sets of railroad tracks. They also fixed the problem of my PHB tapping the exhaust. The front end wobble that I used to feel when making quick turns or lane changes is gone!

• Sponsors (?)

bullitt_2620 said:
Stock springs? Or is it the kit with the springs? I was thinking of Bilstiens as well, how much did they run you?
Stock springs...might do springs in the future, but I wanted to see what the shocks and struts were like first. I'm not really interested in lowering, just better handling.

Bought them from stangsuspension.com...little over $500.00.

Bilstein is totally worth the money. I notice HUGE diffrence when I installed mine along with Sportline. I actually think my current set ride better then my stock set up

That's cool that you are happy with your bilsteins. I ended up going with the Tokico HP's due to lack of funds, but I am happy with them, a big improvement over stock..that's for sure!:nice: I think anyone who isn't sure they want to throw down the money for bilsteins should consider Tokico, they make a pretty good shock!!

Congrats! I noticed a big difference from my old 2000 GT with the stock shocks and struts and Steeda springs compared to my current ride with the suspension upgrades. Bilstein makes a great shock and strut.

Did you get an alignment with the install?