Bilsteins are in!

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 04GT, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Just got my Bilsteins installed yesterday! They feel way better that my stock ones did, even the day I bought it. I drove home on the crappiest roads between the shop and my house, including 2 sets of railroad tracks. They also fixed the problem of my PHB tapping the exhaust. The front end wobble that I used to feel when making quick turns or lane changes is gone!

2. Congrats!

3. Stock springs? Or is it the kit with the springs? I was thinking of Bilstiens as well, how much did they run you?

4. Stock springs...might do springs in the future, but I wanted to see what the shocks and struts were like first. I'm not really interested in lowering, just better handling.

Bought them from stangsuspension.com...little over $500.00.

5. Bilstein is totally worth the money. I notice HUGE diffrence when I installed mine along with Sportline. I actually think my current set ride better then my stock set up

6. That's cool that you are happy with your bilsteins. I ended up going with the Tokico HP's due to lack of funds, but I am happy with them, a big improvement over stock..that's for sure!:nice: I think anyone who isn't sure they want to throw down the money for bilsteins should consider Tokico, they make a pretty good shock!!

7. You need to get some LCA's now. Then you'll really notice the difference the PHB makes.

8. Yeah, maybe...but I'm done moddin' till next year's income tax check.
    Might need a set of tires by then, though.

9. Congrats! I noticed a big difference from my old 2000 GT with the stock shocks and struts and Steeda springs compared to my current ride with the suspension upgrades. Bilstein makes a great shock and strut.

Did you get an alignment with the install?

10. Yeppers