BLACK OR WHITE

• Sponsors (?)

I had a white camaro and now I have a black mustang. Let me tell you white is much more "forgiving". You see every little scratch and swirl on black, and if you don't keep up on it it looks like crap. Just keep a white car clean (which sucks, I used to wash it twice a week) and waxed and it will almost always look good. Just my 2 cents.

Black is the biggest pain the butt to keep nice, because it shows everything, BUT its also the best looking color on a car if you take good care of it. Just like Henry Ford said when he started the company, you can have any color car you want, as long as its black (or something like that).

The only thing about white is that when it gets old and starts to oxidize it looks awfull. Then its really hard to color match if you need any tough ups because the new white paint will not be so yellow.

Upkeep prevents that though, imagine that!

Nitrous N20 said:
The only thing about white is that when it gets old and starts to oxidize it looks awfull. Then its really hard to color match if you need any tough ups because the new white paint will not be so yellow.

Upkeep prevents that though, imagine that!

Yep, my friend has had a white tiburon for a year and hasn't cleaned it once. She is doomed if she doesn't get some wax on there now.

Most definitely white. Almost every 4+ year old Ford car that's black looks like curap with all the swirls and everything. But like others said, upkeep is everything.

Ghostface said:
Almost every 4+ year old Ford car that's black looks like curap with all the swirls and everything. But like others said, upkeep is everything.

That could be said about any vehicle that isn't taken care of. My car is going on 4 years old and whenever it's clean and wearing a nice coat or two of wax, it looks better than new. So shhh..