Black rims on sonic blue?

Jeya3_1

Apr 13, 2005
Do you think black rims with the polished lip would look good on a sonic blue 05???? I've seen many sonic blues with silver rims but not with black rims. I really like the look of the black rims with a polished lip but im not sure if it'll look good with my car. Im planning on doing a whole black and blue theme. Can anyone post a picture with that that description or anyone who can P-chop me a picture.... Thanks for your info and opinion in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Well thats what I'm planning on doing. I was thinking of doing the black rims with polished lip, tint the windows, and then i'm thinking of putting black chrome exhaust tips and black chrome plating the CDC grill when it becomes available.any thoughts?

Jeya3_1,

It should look good, I would think. I'm trying to stay with either chromed or satin type finishes on as much as I can. My personal taste says that with blue, black, and silver it would be too busy, but if done right, it could work. Post some pics so we can see! :D

BW

Just ordered a set of Boyd's Forged 306's for one of our members project Lightning (Sonic Blue), and used a DARK GREY powder coat on the center, and a polished rim. The look will be excellent.You could go black or black chrome too. Your imagination on the powder coat color and finish is all up to you!

Imagine the center of any of these (I love the 306) with grey powder coated centers!

http://www.billetwheel.com/cgi/wheels.cgi?cmd=show_thumbs&path=Forged_3-Piece_Series&tn=1

Jeya3_1 said:
Do you think black rims with the polished lip would look good on a sonic blue 05???? I've seen many sonic blues with silver rims but not with black rims. I really like the look of the black rims with a polished lip but im not sure if it'll look good with my car. Im planning on doing a whole black and blue theme. Can anyone post a picture with that that description or anyone who can P-chop me a picture.... Thanks for your info and opinion in advance.

MG w/ painted Black bullets.. and a SB with Custom black chrome

Attachments

• AfterStripessm.jpg
    AfterStripessm.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 20capellaGTa.jpg
    20capellaGTa.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 347
crash said:
Just ordered a set of Boyd's Forged 306's for one of our members project Lightning (Sonic Blue), and used a DARK GREY powder coat on the center, and a polished rim. The look will be excellent.You could go black or black chrome too. Your imagination on the powder coat color and finish is all up to you!

Imagine the center of any of these (I love the 306) with grey powder coated centers!

http://www.billetwheel.com/cgi/wheels.cgi?cmd=show_thumbs&path=Forged_3-Piece_Series&tn=1

Similar Lightning.... It's a Beautiful truck!!!

It's black powdercoat on this one though. Looks sweet

dscn0013slammed1wr.jpg

Attachments

• dscn0013slammed1wr.jpg
    dscn0013slammed1wr.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 99