Blinker Issue on 2000 V6

stupidiot5

Mar 8, 2004
Hey guys, maybe one of you smarter people can solve this for me, Yesterday while I'm driving, I flip on the "right" blinker, and it starts blinking a mile a minute. The "left" still blinks at a normal pace, but the "right" goes twice as fast. It's not a huge deal, but it is kind of annoying, and I don't want this to be the sign of a larger electrical problem. :shrug:

Second order of business, I'm pretty sure I want to throw side exhaust on the car. Any suggestions? What's cool?

Thanks for the help!

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, It is the bulb on that side. Does anyone know how to get at it in a 2000?? I checked the Owner's Manual, and it said, "Take it to your dealer". I'd kinda rather not if I can do it myself, I popped the trunk lining off, and the taillight didn't look that easy to remove. Any help on this?

Thanks

Hey guys, then what does it mean when every once in a while, the above mile a minute blinking occurs (almost exclusively during real cold weather) then returns to normal the next time I use the signal. Is that a sign that the light is failing and will need to be replaced soon?

Doc

doc4444 said:
Hey guys, then what does it mean when every once in a while, the above mile a minute blinking occurs (almost exclusively during real cold weather) then returns to normal the next time I use the signal. Is that a sign that the light is failing and will need to be replaced soon?

Doc

That's what it meant for me when I experienced it. The light would flash really fast, and I'd flip it off, flip it back on and boom, normal. It did that for about a month actually before one day it just went out entirely.

doc4444 said:

Doc

Mine does that too, but now that it is warmer out it has gone away. I just thought the cold and the UD Pulley were playing games with my blinkers, I guess I'll have to check the blinker fluid.

speaking of removing ****...how do you remove the headlights on 99+. I removed the two stake looking thingies behidn the headlight, but it seems as if the parking light is bolted in also or do you just have to pull it out hard. I had to remove my goddam battery to replace the headlight bulb! b/c i didnt want to break anything. Tanks