Blowers and carb's

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to have to call BDS and price out a package. A couple of Hells Bells popping through a 2.5 inch cowl may look awesome. Then again just a nice flat cobra intake for a couple carbs would aswell. Man this may be better then going the 408 stroker way. It also looks like it will be more expensive.

86bluecobra said:
ok here is a question. would you go with 2 650 carb's? or is that a little much?

Thats not enough IMO,you need two 750's.

Remember your not feeding the motor,your feeding a blower,so you want it to be able to suck in its air restriction free.

Holley make blower calibrated carbs,but its best to go with a "tuner" carb,or you can use Edlebrock's,they work ok on blowers I guess....

My dad had a paxton on his 67 shelby replica. It was just an old little 289, but the whole engine was rebuilt, internals, heads, everything replaced. Car made about 315 to the wheels, pretty good for a little 289, cant remember how much boost he had, but I drove it like 2 times, that thing was very torquey, not like those kind of s/c's to pull down low, but at around 2krpm i was already being pushed in the seat. heres a pic.

aa4bf00d.jpg

Attachments

• aa4bf00d.jpg
    aa4bf00d.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 42