Blown Away: Roush Power Pipe Kit

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
the Shadow Gallery
roush_power_pipe_intro.jpg

Following closely on the coat tails of the the 2010 Roush 427R Ford Mustang, the folks at AFM have taken the wraps off their latest aftermarket intake piece. This Roushcharger Power Pipe Kit (PKAF-0126C) for the 2009 - 2009 Ford Mustang is specifically tailored and tweaked (utilizing the new Abaco DBX 97mm digital mass air meter) to be applied to Mustangs equipped with the Roushcharger. The PKAF-0126C is also equipped with the largest air box on the market, with over 819 cubic inches of cool, dense air flow being passed to the DBX 97mm digital MAM. A 4.5" mandrel bent, ceramic coated Power Pipe brings the fruit to market and results in a flow rate of 1300 CFM.

This Roushcharger Power Pipe Kit has resulted in an average increase of 17 rear wheel horsepower without the need to flash the computer as a result of the new airflow rate. Couple this new Power Pipe Kit up with a bigger throttle body and/or a smaller supercharger pulley, and you have definitely got a winner!

Read more...

So this is a "Roush" product? No tune required?

Will this kit void the Roush warranty as with their other intake kit?

When will this kit become available? How much?

I guarantee it would void the warranty, if Roush won't even support their own CAI, there is no way they would support someone else's. I also seriouly doubt that the car would run without throwing a code, and even if it didn't I wouldn't be comfortable with what it may be doing to the A/F ratios.

The reason Roush's CAI voids their own warranty is due to the CAI altering A/F ratios...
If this Anderson CAI does not require a tune like the description says and Roush stamps their name on it... I don't see why they would not include it within their warranty...

I am definitely interested in this CAI!!!

I asked AFM about this kit myslef and they said that they hadn't tested the afrs, but since the DBX was specifically patterned after the stock(only a lot bigger), they haven't had any problems with cel or with the pcm itself.
So it doesn't tell us if it runs lean, but if you want to fork out 500 dollars and then dyno it then we would be most appreciative :)