Boat People Summer's coming

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
I know there has to be a few boaters here :D . If you are toss up a pic of what you got. I just bought one the other day, just haven't taken any pics yet.

27' IMP Liberty. Twin Mercruiser 3.7LXs (aka 470s) which have an interesting history. Most boat motors are car motors turned into boat motors. The 3.7 mercs are actually a LARGE 4 cyl motors. It's an aluminum block with cast sleeves. They use a Ford 460 head (cast iron) and the LX model as in my boat have 4 barrel carbs. 190 hp, and with the Cobra Jet aluminum heads expect a little more, with some less weight. With these motors I have heard 22-25 mph cruise, and top end anywhere from 40-48 mph. Only getting it out on the water will tell me though.

The boat has a nice size cockpit with seating for 8, then the cabin has a large galley (too big actually, I plan to gut that and redo it) with a fridge, stove and sink. A small head with a shower, a big (82" x 48") aft cabin berth, and a fold down front dinette that converts to a bed. There is also a smaller couch in there, which is useless unless you plan to spend time below decks.

I also snagged a 99 F250 to tug it around. Dry the boat weighs 6000 lbs, add fuel and crago and your over 7000, and then stick it on a 2000 lb trailer (not a regular boat trailer, a steel trailer thats actually too big for the boat) and I had to step up to a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Got a good deal on the truck, and the boat so had to go for it.

Pics will come soon. So now your turn to share what you have.

• Sponsors (?)

That is a lot of boat man. Get some pics up soon. I have been getting more into it than when I was younger.

I don't own a boat, but my Dad bought a 2000 Sea Ray 28ft brand new in October of 2000. That was a cold ride to our dock to pull it out. He just had to drive it before winter. He still has it and absolutley loves it. He also bought a brand new 2002 Honda turbo jet ski in 2005!! He got 4K off sticker because it was 3 years old, just never in the water. Both are fun. I haven't bought one myself because I go out with my family on the weekends. Maybe some day.

I don't have a boat but I have an artic cat wetbike. Its like a cross between a jet ski and a motorcycle. Its not warm out today, but it has been warm enough to go out to the lake a few times already.

I have the seat off it here. I just rebuilt the carbs and fuel pump today so hopefully this weekend or the weekend after it will be warm enough to take it out.

img0370aj7.jpg

I have a 30ft sailboat(cabin cruiser) that I like to take out and spend the weekends/holidays on. and I also have a 15ft flying scott that I sail when I want to go a bit faster. the flying scott hauls ass. it's a 15' boat that has over 80 square feet of sail and a spinnaker that I can run up if I think I need to go even faster.
the toy that I enjoy even more than the both of those is my kayak. sounds kind of silly. kind of like having a hot rod and still rocking the go kart all the time, but I have a blast on it and I have caught some HUGE fish from it.
I'd post pics, but I am still on dial up( I think I am the only dial up customer left in the world.)

not my boats, but here is what they look like
flying scott
flying_Scott-407x268.jpg

here is what my Morgan 30 looks like, except mine is white
picmorgan30ba.jpg

and a pic of what my kayak looks like. I have taken this out into gulf waters on calm days and have yet to tip it
9061067404_98127053486710531F9E213DDD00D950

Nice looking boats guys, and yeah New England has some crappy winters, but this week is mid 50s-high 60s, so I should get a lot done. Didn't get any pics today because I spent the time working, but maybe tomorrow.

MustangJoe that's heavy for a 28' but then again Slickcraft's were heavy boats for their size. Heavy is good for a fishing boat though, and must be stable in big seas as well.

geez you guys have some pretty big boats on here. Ive got 2 yamaha 1200 wave runners (a 2 seater for me and a 3 for the fiance.) the 2 seater will do 70 on rough water and the 3 seater will do 60. on good water you can add almost 5mph to both. 2 seater is modded though. My old man just got a 2008 20ft key west that is an awesome ride. no pics though :(

Nice looking boats guys, and yeah New England has some crappy winters, but this week is mid 50s-high 60s, so I should get a lot done. Didn't get any pics today because I spent the time working, but maybe tomorrow.

MustangJoe that's heavy for a 28' but then again Slickcraft's were heavy boats for their size. Heavy is good for a fishing boat though, and must be stable in big seas as well.

Its a tank, if you didnt know Slickcraft was Tiara's fishing boat line back then so its built well. 37 years old and its still in the original gel coat with no stress cracks in sight. I love having the weight when im cutting waves but I do wish it was fast and more efficient. I had it up to 45 with 8 people on board and the motors at 4500rpm last season. those blasts use some fuel though

Joe... I was just rereading, 12K, have you weighed it? 12K for a 28x10.5 boat is massive weight (esp. a gas motored boat). If you have weighed it I would check and see about getting weight out. Slickcraft says 8050 dry for that boat with twin 350s in it. Might be able to get more than 45 out of it with some weight out... treat it like a race car :D.

Joe... I was just rereading, 12K, have you weighed it? 12K for a 28x10.5 boat is massive weight (esp. a gas motored boat). If you have weighed it I would check and see about getting weight out. Slickcraft says 8050 dry for that boat with twin 350s in it. Might be able to get more than 45 out of it with some weight out... treat it like a race car :D.

Thats the weight listed on my most recent survey.