Body Mods

Moon

Mar 22, 2010
Close to Chicago
I have a black '03 GT. I was thinking of getting a panel with rear window louvers, or just tinting all of my windows (they just passed a law in Illinois that all 2-door cars can have 35%). At the same time, I'm thinking of getting my tailights smoked, or not and putting a sequential light kit on.

Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh and one thing I always do when getting my windows tinted is get the guy to write up a false receipt. Tint here in GA can be no darker than 32% but I always have mine at 20% or darker... I just get the guy to write the receipt as though he sold me and installed 32% that way if I ever get stopped I can claim that I thought it was 32%.... it saved me a ticket when I was driving along with 10% a few years ago....

Oh and one thing I always do when getting my windows tinted is get the guy to write up a false receipt. Tint here in GA can be no darker than 32% but I always have mine at 20% or darker... I just get the guy to write the receipt as though he sold me and installed 32% that way if I ever get stopped I can claim that I thought it was 32%.... it saved me a ticket when I was driving along with 10% a few years ago....

That's awesome. Gotta love those shops. I had something like that with an exhaust place run by some Mexicans. It's probably changed, but in Illinois the law states that after failing three emissions tests, you can get an automatic pass if you show reciepts stating $400 or more spent to try and improve the vehicles compliance. I did that with my first car- 89 Plymouth Acclaim. I wouldn't know now since it's been about 3 or 4 years since I've had to take an emissions test- another good one; year '95 or later model vehicles are exempt from emissions testing :)

to remove the headrest you have to get a metal hanger bend it straight and push it down the grove on the metal piece that goes into the seat....not really worth the trouble. o and btw smoke your tails i did mine with vht night shades and love it:nice: