Body work question

essgt1

May 20, 2011
Florida
Ok here is my problem. I have a 1990 mustang gt vert. on the passenger side where the door meets the front quarter panel on the inside is starting to rust really bad> I actually have a rot hole near the hinge that hangs the door. my question is , how hard is it to repair this type of damage? I s it actually worth saving is what I am getting to. From the outside of the car you would think that there is very little rust at all, but looks can be decieving...... Just wondering what you all thought. Thanks in advance....:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i have this problem in my 91 lx im getting a body shop to do the work mine luckily is between the two hinges so my alignments of doors wont be messed up

Depends if your going to be chasing rust all over the car sell it now while your ahead. Probably have rust on other side of fender. Underneath A pillar where the fender is covering it. This is a big time common problem there. As long as the rust isn't bad on rest of car I'd consider keeping it. If it has a personal meaning to you or a ton of work into it that's another story. Good luck