Bolt-On or Weld-In Subframe Connectors

I'm going to buy subframe connectors soon and I want to know if there is really a difference in weld-in or bolt-on subframe connectors?

My friend's dad is a Mechanic and he told me that the six bolts on each BBK SFC are just as good as welding it them on. Remember he doesn't have a mustang and probably doesn't know as much as the peole here at stangnet do.

I was thinking about the BBK SFC with seat support (bolt-in)

Or

I was thinking about the MM full length SFC (weld-in)

I'm open to any infomation. Weld-In or Bolt-ON Thanks:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Get the MM weld ins, you wont be sorry. Its the single best handleing mod you can do! Bolt in ones are not as secure as weld ins.
Watch you will get alot of input to buy the MM full length.

I have Kenny Brown subframes welded in. But I also have jacking rails and extreme matrix brace, all welded in. Weld them in!! That is the only way you can be sure they never move. Not sure your hp but bolts break and sheetmetal tears, welds(if done right) never break.

IMO no. Besides, KB is a dead company.

IMO Kenny Brown was the best stuff you could get your hands on. Here's the list of KB mods on my car:
·Front strut tower brace
·Rear strut tower brace
·Caster plates
·Subframe connectors
·Extreme matrix brace
·Jacking rails
·Torque brace
·Aluminum differential bushings
·Lowering springs (2 inch drop)

I did it all at once so was any one piece worth it?? I'm not sure, but all of it together stiffened up my vert so much that it'a tighter than any coupe.
And if they aren't worth it, why are there subframes, jacking rails and matrix braces standard on most all autocross cars? I can put a jack just behind my front wheel and that whole side of the car comes off the ground. And my other front wheel is pretty light on the pavement also. For drag the whole set up may be a bit much, but I'm into autocross and rigidness is a must.

Kenny Brown made some decent solid axle parts, but even better IRS parts. All the parts were still available, at least up until last year...some other company next door to the old Kenny Brown joint was making the and selling them locally here.