• Control Arms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springs/Shocks/Panhard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BullittRob

Apr 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I did it. I went and ordered a Vortech non-intercooled V3 kit from Brenspeed....I mean, the deal was impossible to pass up. My car is bone stock down to the air filter. I decided I NEED the extra power if my car will ever be taken seriously with all of the new 400hp+ Stangs on the streets. I never take it to the track (now I will) and I don't street race. So I spent $3k on it.

Anyway, I had a question about traction on the S197. So far, I am impressed with it overall as long as I don't dump the clutch or speedshift from 1st to 2nd (in other words drive it) but I know when I get the boost installed in a couple weeks that I may have a harder time keeping the car straight. At least I hope so. What have you guys seen as the best traction enhancers for centri-blown S197s? Simple as wider tires in the back and LCAs? I posted a poll to see if you had, let's say, $500 extra after blower install, what would be your first mod? Just getting some thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure how much low-end power you're going to see from the turbo. You may be all right with tires.

Sounds very cool, though. I love a good turbo-whistle.

Reactions: 1 user
Arent vortechs belt driven? As in a supercharger?

I've only been in one vehicle with a centrifugal supercharger and it was a v6 mustang. It had plenty of low end power, I think you may see a traction issue.

If it was me, I'd start out with a wider, stickier tire. But I honestly have no experience with adding traction.

If you're up for it Id love to hear some badass cams on our bullitt. or if you want the bark with the growl. cams last!

I went back & forth about getting cams and I'm pretty sure I'm going to skip them. While they sound good on some cars, I tend to like the clean-cut, quiet, sleeper appeal of the Bullitts. Plus, I'm really not sure the performance gains will be worth the money in the end.

Go to www.imboc.com, go to the 08-09 mod forum, and do a quick search for "cams". You'll find lots of threads on them and several videos of Bullitts with various cams.

congrats .. I bet you cant wait

you'll definitely want some wider wheels/tires out back if you want to hook up at all on the street.
I have the paxton NOVI 2200 SL on a modest 5psi pushing somewhere around 370whp. Even at 60-70% throttle in 1st I will break the rear end loose. I still spin in 2nd gear at WOT. 3rd gear hooks fine. I have 10 inch wide saleen replicas out back with 285 yokohama ADVANS which are definitely better than the cheap Eagle F1's that come on GT500's

You have big tires in the back. I had contemplated getting my stock rear Bullitt wheels widened to 10", but looks like that may not be worth the $$. I'm going to start looking at aftermarket wheels. I'll have to see when the Vortech goes on. Do the 10" wheels fit fine in the back without modification? What track times are you running? I'd like to get to mid 12s with just the blower...the car came factory with 3.73s. Yeah, I can't wait to get the boost. I'll keep you guys updated. Waiting on a s/c to get here is not easy.

I went back & fourth about getting cams and I'm pretty sure I'm going to skip them. While they sound good on some cars, I tend to like the clean-cut, quiet, sleeper appeal of the Bullitts. Plus, I'm really not sure the performance gains will be worth the money in the end.

Go to www.imboc.com, go to the 08-09 mod forum, and do a quick search for "cams". You'll find lots of threads on them and several videos of Bullitts with various cams.

and I agree with you sir. I want a sleeper also but damn do I want cams. Id only do it if I have the money to spend. I want my car to live up to the power the sound willl give off. not like a rice rocket that has a fart tube and its super loud but you cna hear it going for 5 minutes and its only gone a mile.