boost or spray?

I have a 97 cobra, no big mods, just o/r x, cat back, 373's, sfc's, dr's. It's car I drive when its nice out an take down the track a few times a year. I'm trying to decide between a 1.5 kenne bell an a zex kit that's for sale on here. opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up a 1.5 KB with the sct turner with 6 and 9 pound custom tunes, lightning mas air meter, 42 pound injectors, 6,9,12 pound pullies for $2040 shipped. I've driven it a few easy miles before storing it for winter. I'm going to wait an have the afr verified on a dyno to make sure the tune's good on my motor. I think it will be since I'm using the same tune, maf, injectors an the guy I got it from had a 97 also.

the guy I got the blower from was using a 255 lph in tank fuel pump. I don't know what I have since I bought it used. I picked up a new 255 lph pump to install in the spring. Will it make a difference on the dyno pulls? If it's good I assume it will stay good after the change, but if it's lean it may help.

Blower...no question.

All you need to see is the result of an intake puddle and you will be convinced.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/Carp614/Mach1150Shot.flv">

KB's will only get you around 360-380RWHP. They generate a ton of heat as well. I would get a nice V2SQ Vortec kit with 8psi. I made 414RWHP and 366RWTQ with safe tune. I ran that car on the street and the track for 5 years and never had a single issue to worry about, never had to go back and see the tuner, never had to change plugs...nothing. I'd take that car cross-country.

N20 is a good pic too. A couple guys at the dyno day I attended had 2V cars 99-04 style and made around 335-350RWHP and over 500RWTQ!!!! The TQ was incredible. That kit is cheap, but refills on the bottles add up. Consider that. Everytime around here it's like 40-50 bucks to refill.

KB's will only get you around 360-380RWHP. They generate a ton of heat as well. I would get a nice V2SQ Vortec kit with 8psi. I made 414RWHP and 366RWTQ with safe tune. I ran that car on the street and the track for 5 years and never had a single issue to worry about, never had to go back and see the tuner, never had to change plugs...nothing. I'd take that car cross-country.

You ran the car for 5 years as in you're no longer running it and the 5 years is over? If your car is no longer running then what happened?