boosted 5.8 build

95stangGT

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Well originally I was gonna build a 383 stroker out of a 351W and boost it. But after talking to a few people, the heads I was gonna use, AFR 185s, were gonna be to small. So after talking to someone very knowledgeable I decided upon just boring it .030 over and using the stock crank and throwing some good rods and pistons in it. So my question is which rods and pistons should I look into? The heads are 61cc and I'm looking for a final compression ration of around 8.5:1. On the street I would like run around 10lbs but I would like to be able to push 15+ also. So I need something up to the task. Any recommendations? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Probe makes a great set of pistons for a good price (SRS). you can go to probeindustries website and look to see what they have. 12358-030 seems to be what your looking for.

Any set of forged rods would good for you, if your going that far i would spend the extra money and buy a crank too and maybe go with a stroker.

Also give brian a call at adperformance. he can set you up with everything and has awsome prices...

I just wanted to add that I don't think that the 185s would be too small for any boosted setup that is intended to be driven on the street. I could swear I've read about boosted 347s that make 600+ with non-ported 185s and a Novi 2000.

Anyway, Good Luck!

DougNuts said:
I just wanted to add that I don't think that the 185s would be too small for any boosted setup that is intended to be driven on the street. I could swear I've read about boosted 347s that make 600+ with non-ported 185s and a Novi 2000.

Anyway, Good Luck!

I think he was talking about the n/a 383 stroker