Borgeson Ps Box Adjustments

I installed the Borgeson PS conversion about a year ago and all was well initially. Now after about 4k miles, the box seems to not be as tight as when it went in and the play at center has increased. Anyone else had this problem? Any adjustments I can make to tighten things back up? I haven't tried to adjust anything from the factory settings.

• Sponsors (?)

During installation, I had a few questions that they answered by phone, and also e-mail. You might try e-mailing them the question and see if they get back to you. I know that doesn't specifically answer your question, but I defer steering box adjustments to someone with more knowledge than me.

Just a dumb question and not meant to insult, but have you checked tie rod ends, pitman arm AND idler arm for any slop/looseness? It's sometimes easy to overlook/forget the most obvious/easy answers.
My $.02,
Gene

I am not familiar with the borgenson box, but I would bet there is a set screw to adjust the backlash. It is not uncommon to have to adjust the backlash once things break in.

Thanks for the responses. No insult on checking everything else. I did recheck all the other components: rag joint, pitman arm, centerlink, tie rod ends and idler arm. All seem very tight. I did replace all the steering parts recently trying to make my old PS work. I finally made the jump to the Borgeson box and was very happy with it until recently. I did contact Gil from Borgeson on this. I'll see if he has any suggestions.