Borla Exhaust : need an mid Pipe, but need help..

bgbg22

Dec 5, 2005
Ok, heres the deal. I sold my 2001 true blue mustang back about a year ago do to the weather up here in New York. Well the winter turned out to not be bad at all, and i was set on buying a mustang the end of the summer, which I am doing. I have my eyes set on an 2000 black mustang gt. Im pretty much buying it. Its coming with upgraded suspension, cobra rear and side skirts. ( The cobra letters arent in the bumper, they have been removed, in case u were wondering).

My only problem is. Ive been an MAC exhaust guy. He has borla installed. I dont know much at all about Borla, or the stingers. Heres what he has http://www.borla.com/applications/l...TT-304_Stainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/14834/

What is a good setup to use, im thinking of keeping the Borla Catback, but can I still throw maybe a MAC Prochamger or H Pipe on there, or do I have to go a different route in maybe an X pipe.

I want the sound to be muscular. Thats my goal. The headers Ill decide on later, but if you want to add in header suggestions, go ahead. Thanks:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I have that exact same system with a Bassani off road X-pipe. It sounds rowdy as all hell! In a good way! :nice: The Borlas are a stright through design so combined with a good x-pipe, it will give you the NASCAR sound.:flag:

or prochamber...i switched to an O/R Prochamber when i got my longtubes installed....sounds hella nice, smooth,deep and powerful and just screams at WOT...i need to make a clip...but for now heres a vid of my friend and i at the track...his(black 98) exhaust setup consists of longtubes+o/r x+borla catback(like the one the original poster asked about) and i had stock manifolds+o/r x+borla stingers at that time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4LMt261PQc

hey guys, thanks alot for the information, looks like i cant lose on the midpipes. Im probably going to go with the prochamber, b.c the shop near me only used mac parts. www.mustangmagic.com , they install everything for really good prices, and have professionals, so i figure the prochamber will work best, and fit my price range, its actually really cheap compared to bassani/slp

again, thanks for all the help, really appreciate your time and answers
:flag: