Borla S-Type (and Touring) owners...

Cur

Jun 10, 2011
...a question if I may.

For Touring owners: Do you wish you'd gotten a louder / the S-Type exhaust?

For S-Type owners: Do you wish you'd gotten a quieter exhaust sometimes? If so, what situations?

I'm worried about two things... highway noise, 70-75mph cruising being too loud, not being able to hold a conversation without yelling etc. and being able to quietly exit the neighborhood (I could just idle out) as I leave pretty early in the morning, and I like my neighbors (I had a Harley, so I know how to keep a light throttle).

I definitely like the sound and bark of the S-Type over the Touring, but if the S-Types are going to be "too loud" I'll definitely get the Tourings. I'm not really interested in other exhausts, so those opinions won't be helpful, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I installed the Borla S and my wife and I love them. At 70mph, you can just barely hear them w/ the stereo turned all the way down. Hit the gas and boy do they sound great. But they could possibly be troublesome for your neighbors. I have no regrets w/ my choice. If your easy on the gas leaving, you might be ok.

I have the Borla Tourings on mine. I needed to have a muffler that would put out enough sound so I could hear the engine when going through the gears. The stock mufflers were too quiet! The Tourings also sound great when you 'get on it'. They are also quiet at cruising speeds. You won't be disappointed.

I just had this same dilemma. I wound up buying the S-type...and could not be happier! You can control the volume by driving her easy...and at cruising speeds, any cruising speed, she will be quite as a whisper until you get on it and then she ROARS. It's not obnoxious loud just pure muscle.

I recommend the S and if you hate em, which you won't, you'll have an easier time selling those than you would the touring.

Good luck!