BOSS 302 question...

snaggeltooth

Feb 4, 2009
Alabama
Ok is the BOSS 302 a car , like a Shelby GT500..or a package like a GT/CS.. The reason I ask is will there just be so many BOSS 302s per dealership..or do they just order it and as many as they want ... I been reading the releases but I haven't really found a statement that I thought really told it ..:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Very limited allocation, set number of cars to be built and not all Ford dealers will even get one.

The boss is going to be a model unto itself, not just a package.

It's essentially a sales volume reward for dealers. The sad thing is dealers would probably make more money if people could just walk in and order them, so would Ford. (provided MSRP is set correctly)

Package/model is just marketing terms really. Manufacturing wise it shouldn't be that difficult. It's just another mustang variant with a different BOM. The Boss only parts will have a low volume cost penalty but Ford could fix that to some degree if they wanted to. Probably will see many Boss 302 parts in the Ford Racing Parts catalog sooner or later in some form or fashion.

It's a special edition Mustang just like the Bullitt was in 08-09 and the Mach 1 was in 03-04. There will be limited number of models I don't even think dealers will have more then 1 available to them unless they do a real high volume. It will be pricey due to the custom intake manifold, CNC ported heads and forged internals.