Boss 302 Upgrade

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by BlackBuggy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. BlackBuggy

BlackBuggy Member

It has been a while since I looked into this, but if you install the Boss 302 Intake Manifold, I know you need the manifold install kit, but do you need to upgrade to a 90mm billet throttle body due to the fitment of the new intake manifold or will the intake manifold- with the install kit- hook up properly to the stock throttle body?

And what is the tuner that you recommend? I have read about people having trouble with different tunes they have received. Just looking for the tuner that will get me the closest to Ford's Boss 302 tune.
  2. Cuzzybubba305

Cuzzybubba305 New Member

I'd almost want to get a custom tune at a shop when installing this, not that Bama couldn't do it but I've had some tune issues in the past when installing an intake manifold on a prior vehicle. I'm thinking the Bama Tuner could do the trick maybe? Check out American Muscle and give em' a call, great advice from those guys. I normally just click the option to chat with a rep online.
  3. BlackBuggy

BlackBuggy Member

Been repairing/upgrading suspension so that the car will be able to handle the engine intake, exhaust, and tune upgrades I will be making. Here is a picture of the first intake upgrade: SR Performance CAI. I actually think I had more trouble installing this than the rear LCAs simply because of a lack of room.

It is quite a bit like the BBK CAI from what I hear- it even whistles at a certain RPM range, so it is probably contracted by American Muslce to BBK. I went with it because it gets the job done, it is Ford engine blue (like the coil covers will be once I install the Boss intake manifold), and it doesn't require a tune as the MAS inserts into the tube.

SR Performance CAIedit.jpg