Bought 86 SVO, have questions

Long story short............ I bought a 86 SVO in 01 from a guy in Las Vegas(I also had a 84). I kept it for a bit and sold it to one of my buddies. After I sold it, this guys brother called me wanting to buy the car. He was telling me that the car had the big valve head on it..........................So fast forward to this week, my buddy has put less than 800 miles on the car and the turbo does not boost..........so I bought it back from him. My question is, how can i find out for sure if it has the big valve head or the stock head without pulling the head.

• Sponsors (?)

Big valve head

Ford Motorsport did make a cast iron "Big Valve" head that could be purchased thru Ford complete or bare. They are somewhat rare to find today - but I do know where one is at.

Ford Motorsport did make a cast iron "Big Valve" head that could be purchased thru Ford complete or bare. They are somewhat rare to find today - but I do know where one is at.

But they are still just a reworked stock head. No unique casting number. They also don't flow any better than a stock head without porting (and knowing where to port them).