Bought Baer Brake kit

Oh boy 5.0 from 95
Well the kit came in yesterday. The rotors are not slotted and drilled like the ad indicated. I called Dallas Mustang and asked them about that and they said that is just the basic kit and it is a $200 upgrade to get those rotors. This is the second time I have bought something from Dallas Mustang and it was handled this way. I have bought lots of parts in the last year and they are the only place I have trouble with. They will take the parts back if I don't want them so I need help in deciding to keep them or send them back and buy the PBR? kit like some of you were talking about. Can I get the Cobra kit for about the same price and does it come with the rotors like DM pictured for their kit and where can I buy it from?

I ORDERED THAT KIT I was given the baer part number and it corrosponded to the 94/95 kit in the picture + master cylinder. If those a$$wipes at Dallas Mustang send me the wrong kit I will be so pissed off. I prefer they just not send me anything then do a bait and switch. I will file a complaint with my CC and try to get all my money back and tell them if they want their brakes they sent me to pay for the shipping back. Now I want to be home for the delivery... to refuse it if it's the wrong stuff!!! Glad you warned us.

:notnice: DALLAS MUSTANG :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

They are sending me a call tag from UPS to pick it up. They said they will credit me back for all of it so that will be interesting to see if they also take off the freight too. If they don't, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Good luck on your kit.

Paul

:notnice: Dallas Mustang :notnice:

RiceEating5.0 said:
With 17" rims, i think 13's would be the limits...anyone correct me if i'm wrong. With 14"+ you'd need a minimum of 18's from what i've heard. I'm just going by what i hear, and so you might want to check on this on your own.

With 99% of Mustang brake kits and wheels, this is absolutely true. However with certain setups, 14" brakes will fit under 17" wheels. The most notable example would be Baer's 14" Alcon caliper setup fitting under 95 Cobra R's (originals, not the knock-offs). Consider ourselves lucky for having one of the few wheels out there (the 95 R) that seems to clear every brake setup out there.

And the Baer kit spoke of in this thread is exactly like the Cobra/Bullit brakes only with a different appearance ("Baer" vs "COBRA" or the pony). They are indeed 2-pot PBR calipers and offer no performance advantage over the Ford stuff.