Brake Help

Jbulwer

Oct 7, 2009
Prescott, Az
Hey guys,

I used to come here a lot when I first got my Mustang about 3 years ago and I've found that you all have always been friendly and helpful. But on the my reason for this post.

I have a 2003 GT and lately, I'm having a very hard time with my brakes. My brakes themselves work, but my brake lights wont work, I can't get the car out of park sometimes, and when I have the cruise control set and tap the brakes, it doesn't disengage. It's as if the car doesn't know that I'm hitting the brakes so it tries to override me. I took it to Advanced auto and they said it was most likely the brake switch but wanted almost $100 just to check...kinda hard to swallow for a poor college student. lol

Has anyone else ever had this problem before? How did you fix it? Approximate cost?

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

-JB

• Sponsors (?)

not good

get it fixed , is it throwing a code ? brakes have to be working perfect find a good shop that can check the whole system I have never heard of that problem you describe

I haven't connected it to anything to see if it's throwing a code, but nothing inside the car is telling me that something is wrong. If it is just the brake light switch, would it affect the cruise control and shifting into drive?